Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year to all 300 C Forum members! May this year be filled with fun mod installs and fast time slips.

First off let me say, I live in Houston and I am local to the Hennessey Performance Facility and have known of the Hennessey name for over 10 years now. My ex-neighbor was the president of the Houston Viper Club, at the time.

Last Friday (12/30) I called Hennessey Performance to schedule a time to meet with John and see there entire operations and to secure my pair of KW V2's. After a brief call with John, I was on my way to Hennessey Performance.

Upon arrival I pulled up front right next to John's personal Black Magnum SRT-550 with the 392 stroker upgrade. John threw the keys to one of his guys and off he and I went for a truly awe inspiring Friday morning, tire grabbing launch or two, or was it five,lol. The KW suspension, the 275's in front, the 295's in back and the Magna flows coming to life all combined to give you one mean looking SRT 550.

Once in the facility, I don't know how John finds the time to answer all of our e-mails and get our orders out with the amont of work that has to get out. Please be patient, John was with me and took and hour out of his day, away from real work, to answer all of my quesrtions, show me the toys, etc. He did tell me that the order list for the CAI's will start production soon. Those of you that got in on the KW buy, this is one sweet system. John showed me a kit that was layed out for an installation, yes that's right there was one of our beloved 300's, up on a rack getting the Kw's as we spoke (another out of town clients car). I have had Eibach's, Hotchkis sway bars, Billsteins all in the past and all though great products they don't allow you to dial in your specific driving needs like the KW's do. 1.6 drop from Eibach and that is is (way to low for anything but a show car), these allow you to dial in for 1/4 mile track, road racing, or just plain a lower stance and not sacrifice precious 300 C painted plastic spoilers, lol.

This main shop floor is like being a kid in the candy store. This beautiful black Viper was just getting finished with the 1000hp twin turbo and hennessey ground effect kit when I finally noticed the stricker tag still on the passenger window. That's right folks, this Viper was delivered on a trailer with 4 miles on it. I guess this owner already knew his Viper would be too slow and needed John's help,lol. Not to mention there must have been at least 15 other vipers in various stages of work and right in the middle of it all, a late 50's Chrysler Imperial, I think. This customer wanted this car brought up to current modern specs. The SRT-10 motor, modern disc brakes, the works. This is going to be an amazing ride.

As I said before, please be patient with your orders, they are coming. I have found my performance shop for my 300 SRT and next month she goes up on the rack for KW V2's, sway bars, Magna Flow's and CAI. Then it's on to 275 F and 295 R, btw, the Hennessey wheels looked very good on John's Magnum. 20x9 and 20x10.5 I believe are the widths.

As I was leaving the shop, an out of state client was pulling up in his Bentley for the 100 hp upgrade, to an incredible 650hp. Giddy up.

I hope all have a great New Year.

Mark in Houston

2001 Honda CBR 929 RR1 (5th gear, 163mph with 6th gear still to go)
2002 Ford F-250 (Detroit Diesel, 500hp)
2006 Chrysler 300 C SRT-8 (Mods on the way)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Freebird77057 said:
Happy New Year to all 300 C Forum members! May this year be filled with fun mod installs and fast time slips.

First off let me say, I live in Houston and I am local to the Hennessey Performance Facility and have known of the Hennessey name for over 10 years now. My ex-neighbor was the president of the Houston Viper Club, at the time.

Last Friday (12/30) I called Hennessey Performance to schedule a time to meet with John and see there entire operations and to secure my pair of KW V2's. After a brief call with John, I was on my way to Hennessey Performance.

Upon arrival I pulled up front right next to John's personal Black Magnum SRT-550 with the 392 stroker upgrade. John threw the keys to one of his guys and off he and I went for a truly awe inspiring Friday morning, tire grabbing launch or two, or was it five,lol. The KW suspension, the 275's in front, the 295's in back and the Magna flows coming to life all combined to give you one mean looking SRT 550.

Once in the facility, I don't know how John finds the time to answer all of our e-mails and get our orders out with the amont of work that has to get out. Please be patient, John was with me and took and hour out of his day, away from real work, to answer all of my quesrtions, show me the toys, etc. He did tell me that the order list for the CAI's will start production soon. Those of you that got in on the KW buy, this is one sweet system. John showed me a kit that was layed out for an installation, yes that's right there was one of our beloved 300's, up on a rack getting the Kw's as we spoke (another out of town clients car). I have had Eibach's, Hotchkis sway bars, Billsteins all in the past and all though great products they don't allow you to dial in your specific driving needs like the KW's do. 1.6 drop from Eibach and that is is (way to low for anything but a show car), these allow you to dial in for 1/4 mile track, road racing, or just plain a lower stance and not sacrifice precious 300 C painted plastic spoilers, lol.

This main shop floor is like being a kid in the candy store. This beautiful black Viper was just getting finished with the 1000hp twin turbo and hennessey ground effect kit when I finally noticed the stricker tag still on the passenger window. That's right folks, this Viper was delivered on a trailer with 4 miles on it. I guess this owner already knew his Viper would be too slow and needed John's help,lol. Not to mention there must have been at least 15 other vipers in various stages of work and right in the middle of it all, a late 50's Chrysler Imperial, I think. This customer wanted this car brought up to current modern specs. The SRT-10 motor, modern disc brakes, the works. This is going to be an amazing ride.

As I said before, please be patient with your orders, they are coming. I have found my performance shop for my 300 SRT and next month she goes up on the rack for KW V2's, sway bars, Magna Flow's and CAI. Then it's on to 275 F and 295 R, btw, the Hennessey wheels looked very good on John's Magnum. 20x9 and 20x10.5 I believe are the widths.

As I was leaving the shop, an out of state client was pulling up in his Bentley for the 100 hp upgrade, to an incredible 650hp. Giddy up.

I hope all have a great New Year.

Mark in Houston

2001 Honda CBR 929 RR1 (5th gear, 163mph with 6th gear still to go)
2002 Ford F-250 (Detroit Diesel, 500hp)
2006 Chrysler 300 C SRT-8 (Mods on the way)
Sounds like fun! And now we would like to see some pics! ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts