Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after about 5 years of owning my stock '07 300C, l though it was time to spice things up a bit in the looks department. So l had my car: lowered, suspention stiffened, 20" black SRT wheels/tires mounted, K&N CAI installed, full stainless 2,5" straight piped quad exhaust fitted, rear spoiler stuck on and windows and side markers tinted (5%). Also put some Euro style DLR's and front parking sensors in the bumper.

The result is a car which looks completely different to what l used to drive (ln a good way)....l'm just :banghead: that l didn't do this before. Certainly in the Netherlands where l live, this is a car which you just don't see very often anymore and people can't help but point and stare when l drive by. So what do you guys think: yay or nay?

Just for good measure, this is how the car used to look:

But as you all know, a car is never really finished. That's why l wanna ask you guys what l can do to make the car look better. l thought about installing an SRT body kit but it turns out they are hard to find here and prices are pretty insane.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Yay from me!

Reactions: 300CNL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks ;) l tried to upload better pic's but for some reason Flickr isn't supported by the site....or l'm doing something wrong here. So sorry about that.

Ahh, now l've worked it out

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
De-mould :) Very nice transformation you've done!

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Hells to the yay! lol.. Looks good pal... dig the twin exit tips

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Complete Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde transformation!!! Love those quad pipes!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll look into that, seems nice enough. Was thinking about one with just the horizontal slots.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Love the quad pipes(I want to do that myself). :thumbsup: I agree with not going Bentley but there must be a grill you like somewhere. I would debadge it as well. Oh and if the paint has orange peel have the car wet sanded and cleared it will shine like you've never seen it shine. I have that problem and will have a shop do the job.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Love the quad pipes(I want to do that myself). :thumbsup: I agree with not going Bentley but there must be a grill you like somewhere. I would debadge it as well. Oh and if the paint has orange peel have the car wet sanded and cleared it will shine like you've never seen it shine. I have that problem and will have a shop do the job.
Thanks l'll keep that in mind, dont have the orange peel though. What l do have are milk stains in my paint (on 3 spots) where the color turned white-ish beneath the clear coat. Kinda looks like someone spilled some milk on my car and then let it dry.

The dealer told me its probably because of bird droppings sitting on there too long, which l know is BS because l wash the car at least once a week.

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Late to the party I know but have to say I'm impressed. Amazed by the difference.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thanks l'll keep that in mind, dont have the orange peel though. What l do have are milk stains in my paint (on 3 spots) where the color turned white-ish beneath the clear coat. Kinda looks like someone spilled some milk on my car and then let it dry.

The dealer told me its probably because of bird droppings sitting on there too long, which l know is BS because l wash the car at least once a week.
I'm surprised. I've never seen a factory Mopar paint job that didn't have orange peel all over it. My wife just bought a new T&C minivan and it's full of orange peel. It's not cheap to remove either unless you know how to do it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I'm surprised. I've never seen a factory Mopar paint job that didn't have orange peel all over it. My wife just bought a new T&C minivan and it's full of orange peel. It's not cheap to remove either unless you know how to do it.
Well l have a European 300C, built in Austria (basically Germany)...so l guess German buildquality eh :p

·
Registered
77 Posts
car looks great definitely a improvement

1 - 20 of 22 Posts