Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather is getting hot here so no more drag racing action. Now it's time to take her to California for some road course action.

I've been doing just a fitment thus far. The wheels are powdercoated eggshell black - double cooked. The trim under the window is going to be painted and the door guard removed. Then I'm looking at having Pedders install some goodies and lower her about 1"...(need to talk to HEMI4ME? on that.)

From there I'm looking at RDP Blower.

So please let me know what you guys think. One day I love it and the next day I'm scratching my head going, "uh, I don't know."

You can not hurt my feelings and I love feedback...All types of feedback. I still have all of my old parts to turn her back to chrome.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
the car looks great but that chrysler symbol has to go on the front grill

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Wow Moose! You're confusing me with all your 'little' changes!

I notice you finally installed the LED mirrors which I really like. I like the powdercoated grille/mesh, too. I'm not into the eyebrow/lid pieces unless they are molded into the hood like Andy did on his car. The rims look good but my favorite will always be your chromed SRT8 rims.

Maybe it's just the angle of the picture but it looks like you have the very same gap in the rear fender seam in photo #2. I have it (far worse) but never had the TSB repair for it because forum members came up with a much better fix. Maybe I can get my CenCal buddies to perform it for me, lol! (Are you reading this Steve Mosher?)

All in all, you have one of the most beautiful SS 300s around! Your location shots for it are always well thought out in your painted desert. Guess that's why you are a two-time Calendar winner!

Glad to hear you're coming to Cali. for some racing. Where will you be ?

bruno

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Don't care for the "lids" on the headlamps... if you're gonna do that get the VIP or have the hood Hennessey'd the way it should be.

Here's another thought for some additional "black out"

How about the forward surface of the headlamp squirter bumper thingies that wrap around the the side markers... and the similar rear surface of the bumper
thingie that wraps around and flows upward to the tail lights? That would give you some additional stealth black presence up front and behind.

Just a random thought that struck me...

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All, thanks for helping me out. And anyone else please chime in.

I like all the comments and I'm getting a better idea on how it would look much better. The eyelids and turn signals are just "staged" to give me a good idea if I'm going in the right direction. I didn't want to go big bucks and then not like it. If you notice in the photos there is only one turn signal mirror on, lol.

bruno, I love the chrome wheels too, it's just that I'm trying to go for a more rugged look for the road course. As far as where I am going I'm looking at Willow Springs. There is also a road on the central coast that I read about in C&R. I'm planning on running that one too.

Now I'm thinking on putting my Grip grille on and color match it to the car. Also, I'm thinking of leaving the turn signals off as it makes the mirrors look too big. And yes, the center caps on the wheels will be colored to blend in with the wheels (good idea thank you). What do you guys think about those changes?

Again, thanks you guys for helping me on this. And anyone else, please post up. You cannot say anything that will offend me.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
what about those vents on the lower front bumper, maybe making those black somehow? blakc taillight would match the black good too

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
You need to ditch the eyebrows, personal opinion, and paint the inside of the headlights flat black. From there, all the things you listed will tie it together and it will look clean.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
looking good moose!! but, like the others said the chrome grill wing needs to be painted. also, the eyelids im not feeling. the wheels look awesome. keep up the good work. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Keep the eyelids, but paint them body color. Chrome wheels!!!
if he goes crome wheels then the whole black theme is pointless...seems like he likes the blackd look, more stealthy

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well, whatever you do if road courses are going to be your bag you might consider using a spare set of throwaway-finish wheels. Black will work pretty good for all the incredible amounts of brake dust you are going to generate, but you will also get crud on the wheels. Make sure they can take brake fluid, for example. I used my polished wheels once and spilled some fluid on them and... well its an afternoon with the polishing compound to take that out. Where it touched the black powder coat, the finish is subtly degraded forever.

And those wheels are going to get REALLY hot. Your brake rotors will get up to about 1100 degrees (although I hear Willow is not tough on brakes) and the wheels, mated right up to the brake rotors, make for a splendid extension of the rotor hat insofar as a heat sink is concerned. So whatever your finish is, it has to handle a really surprising amount of heat.

Just thought of this: If your finish inhibits the wheel's ability to suck heat away from the rotors that might affect the life of the rotors. I just saw my 3rd set of (SRT) rotors crack on Laguna Seca... after one day of hard track use.

If the guy in front of you has spun out into the kitty litter (gravel) he will be spitting an enormous amount of gravel out the back of his car for the next lap, after he gets towed out. Some bastard in an M3 did that last week and thought he was going faster than I could, but really I just wanted to not get hit by so many damn rocks so I slowed down. Your front end will be subject to this reality so plan on doing something about it. At least tape your headlights over completely. Hope that grille doesn't scratch easy?

Try and be as functional as you can with track mods cuz wear and tear is accelerated big time out there.

·
Registered
241 Posts
moose, what brand are those led mirror covers? are they the ones you see on ebay? how is the fitment? thanks

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Looking great Moose. Well done.

Now slap that blower on....LOL :)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
i think it looks great man. very nice and goes well with the color. the only thing i would add would be light tint on the tail lights.

did you powdercoat the rear emblem, or just paint it? either way, awesome job, its very stealthish.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts