Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if this is even the right place to post this, but zomg, please help. For starters, I bought this car from my boyfriends grandparents. They're the type who take care of everything they own, and we assumed the same applied to this car. Little did we know, they hadn't really taken care of it like they said and since we've had it we've spent thousands on repairs. So for the 300 die hards out there my apologies for wanting to set my car on fire from here on.

Today, I decided I was gonna clean my car.. pamper her a little. I spent hours detailing the outside, got the front drivers side done. Started vacuuming, moved to the back seat, moved the driver seat forward, and finished up the back. Went to move the seat back and only the left side will move.

I've been told that previously there was a ball that got stuck under the seat and knocked it off track, but I have no idea what side it was. It doesn't appear the seat is off track. But I don't see anything in general wrong.

Anyone have ANY idea what it could be? I'll attach pictures.. my original plan was to remove the seat and see if I could see anything preventing it from moving or any thing that looked damage, but the seat is stuck all the way against the dash. So i couldn't get to the front bolts. >.< I just had surgery a few weeks ago and hanging upside down/ kneeling into the car was killing me, so I thought maybe you guys could help.

P.S. you have have saved me a million times before on parts/repairs. You're amazing and thanks in advance for any ideas you might have!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hah! That was my first inclination too. I may need to do some more squats at the gym though. I couldn't get it to budge. Apparently there's a lot of vehicles that have this problem... but. Not many 300s... and I've come to find a problem with a 300 is unique to a 300. Lol I will have my boyfriend try when he gets home though. He's gonna be pissed.

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Looks to me that it's on track. Hard to tell in the pics.

So you managed to move it forward while cleaning? And then it just wouldn't move back?

Can you hear the seat motor make any noise when trying to move it back?

Wondering if you might have bumped the electronics to the chair while detailing. If you aren't hearing any motor noise, I'd check all of the wiring and make sure you haven't unplugged something, or pinched some wiring, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
BTW, the passenger seat power is fuse #12 in the trunk. Worth a look. :fing02:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, it's the driver seat. And the left side moves, the right side will not. It doesn't seem like it's off the track, but it doesn't seem like the right side is getting power.. but I can't even force it back. I was trying to check and see if maybe a wire got knocked loose or something, but because it's all the way against the dash it's nearly impossible to get to the wiring. There is what looks like a spring coming out of the side of the motor, that attaches to the right side that isn't attached to anything. That's really the only issue I could fins, and I truthfully can't see anything, it was by feel only.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Maybe the motors packed in or perhaps a fault with the switch itself?

If the fuses were good, you may want to disconnect the electrical plug that runs to the motor and with a multimeter check for voltage readings when you press the seat button, testing for current in all switch directions.

Hope it helps & good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Seat is Stuck, too

It looks like this thread has been open for awhile. I didn't see any conclusion, or follow-up so I had to check it out blind. I pulled the motor out and found two flex shafts coming out of both ends, and the one toward the center console had snapped. So, I moved the passenger side seat into a good position, and pulled that motor to compare the different sides.

I'm not sure where to find a replacement for this tiny thing - it's only a couple inches. But, it resembles a speedometer cable and has the same Robertson S2 sized square end. So, I going to swap sides, and look into a speedometer cable end repair kit. Or, see it I can replace it with a drive shaft for an RC power boat if I find one that correct length. I would post photos to make it clear, but forum rules prohibit that.

My 300C has a 'luxury feature' that moves the seat back and the steering column out of the way every time I stop and get out of the car. I guess I know what caused the wear-and-tear on this little cable. I hope this help you, and anyone else

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi...Thanks for the updated post. I have exact problem with my 2008 Chrysler 300. Seat motor works but short shaft on right side twisted and broke. How did you end up fixing problem. I see complete motor kits that have the short cable/shank/shaft included ($100) but can't find just the cable/shank. Can't remove seat because hex bolt is not accessible from rear due to seat position.
Your help is much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
As old as the car is you minds well just buy the whole motor....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I dont know if this is even the right place to post this, but zomg, please help. For starters, I bought this car from my boyfriends grandparents. They're the type who take care of everything they own, and we assumed the same applied to this car. Little did we know, they hadn't really taken care of it like they said and since we've had it we've spent thousands on repairs. So for the 300 die hards out there my apologies for wanting to set my car on fire from here on.

Today, I decided I was gonna clean my car.. pamper her a little. I spent hours detailing the outside, got the front drivers side done. Started vacuuming, moved to the back seat, moved the driver seat forward, and finished up the back. Went to move the seat back and only the left side will move.

I've been told that previously there was a ball that got stuck under the seat and knocked it off track, but I have no idea what side it was. It doesn't appear the seat is off track. But I don't see anything in general wrong.

Anyone have ANY idea what it could be? I'll attach pictures.. my original plan was to remove the seat and see if I could see anything preventing it from moving or any thing that looked damage, but the seat is stuck all the way against the dash. So i couldn't get to the front bolts. >.< I just had surgery a few weeks ago and hanging upside down/ kneeling into the car was killing me, so I thought maybe you guys could help.

P.S. you have have saved me a million times before on parts/repairs. You're amazing and thanks in advance for any ideas you might have!
I have the same issue. Did you figure it out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I had this exact same problem with my 300C, and the parts guy hooked me up with a seat drive repair kit. part# is CCPPC043 He had it in stock, and it only cost $26. I went home and found they are all over ebay for only $18-20 lol!
Anyways, it is a super common issue, and so they came up with a repair kit.
Includes a new drive cable (This is the part that always breaks) a shrink wrap and a couple of new bolts.
I just pulled out the seat mounting bolts, and tipped it back into the rear area to access, it was a relatively easy fix.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts