Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
13,088 Posts
Traction control does not come on until the wheel starts to slip. Then it alternates from wheel to wheel triggering them, one at a time. So it's never going to stop them from burning...just from burning too long. Turn it off, warm up the tires to get them a bit stickier, then do a 0 - 60 run.

Remember, folks with no traction control will continue to burn if they don't lift so your system is better than no system.

Point is your car is doing what it's supposed to do and any 0 - 60 runs you are doing with it on, with street tires, would be normal.

·
Administrator
13,088 Posts
hehehehe...yeah.

You can do the same thing with this car. Turn off the traction control, hammer it and be ready for some opposite lock steering...

Imagine this...No traction control, 3.73 gears and a limited slip differential....:D

·
Administrator
13,088 Posts
I have the same problem. Once, after a routine service, my service advisor pointed out that the tread depth on the rear tires was considerably less than the front, then smiled at me. I professed total ignorance with respects to why that condition existed.

I've lit mine up running in autostick (2nd gear - about 3800 RPM) with the ESP off. It went a little bit sideways but totally controllable. Didn't even have to floor it.

My neighbor, who owns a totally stock 300C, ws riding with me and got a bit wide eyed. He said he was staying away from me and not ever riding with me again because stuff like that gets him to thinking about modding the wife's car...LOL

·
Registered
316 Posts
Damn, I better be careful when I do punch it then lol.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just Do It!!!

I have a custom tune so it might be easier for me but I say go for it...just give it a try and see what it feels like.

Just don't come back at me to pay your fuel and tire bills... :439:
Lol, I'll try it this weekend since I just got over 500 miles. Just leisure driving it, it feels like I'm holding back all the ponies.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have 1100 miles on mine since getting it in may, and I have only recently been stomping it. I stopped at the beginning of an interstate on ramp the other day to initiate a quarter mile run using the performance pages, wow, what a thrill blasting from 0-110........as soon as the back tires stopped smoking, the car really charges hard. With wheel spin (a lot of it) I was able to hit 12.9 seconds.

-Keith

·
Registered
758 Posts
Maddogg you can burn in secound thats dope.... When i first got the car it did that but no more..especailly if its hot.. Any ideas on what i can do to get that rolling burn back?????

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
392 Posts
Maddogg you can burn in secound thats dope.... When i first got the car it did that but no more..especailly if its hot.. Any ideas on what i can do to get that rolling burn back?????

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Try resetting your trans memory. Aslo with it being warm your tires could be getting a lot of traction

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.