Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming into work this morning this dumb b*tch pulled out from behind a bus and I went straight up her back side. "f*ck":twak:
Insurance claim lodged it should only be off the road for a couple of week.
I just hate having my car off the road.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Thats horrible! And you just got it painted. Looks like you'll have to get a new grill as well. At least the 50cent picture is still in one piece!

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Sorry to see the pain this damage is bringing to you. We all hate it when it happens to others besides ourselves.

To me, it appears that those front pieces are easily replaceable parts so that no body work needs to be done. From what I'm seeing just in your photos, I can't believe it would take 2 weeks for repairs unless you have to wait for the parts to arrive.

Good luck with everything. Believe me, I feel for you as my 300c is still sitting on the ground in the body shop, untouched at this point for over a week.

bruno

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to see the pain this damage is bringing to you. We all hate it when it happens to others besides ourselves.

To me, it appears that those front pieces are easily replaceable parts so that no body work needs to be done. From what I'm seeing just in your photos, I can't believe it would take 2 weeks for repairs unless you have to wait for the parts to arrive.

Good luck with everything. Believe me, I feel for you as my 300c is still sitting on the ground in the body shop, untouched at this point for over a week.

bruno

It will take about 2 weeks with waiting on parts, insurance paper work and then custom paint work. I cant see it done before that.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
It will take about 2 weeks with waiting on parts, insurance paper work and then custom paint work. I cant see it done before that.
I hope your insurance policy covers the cost of a rental vehicle for the number of days it will take to complete your repairs. I'm thankful I pay extra for that little bit of coverage because this is my 2nd time in 2 months where I have needed repairs and rentals.

bruno

·
Banned
651 Posts
i see a srt8 front end in your future

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just finished writing the quote to fix AIR22. $11500.00. No headlights in Australia at all. There is about $6500.00 just in parts alone.

looks like I will be off the road for some time.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Just finished writing the quote to fix AIR22. $11500.00. No headlights in Australia at all. There is about $6500.00 just in parts alone.

looks like I will be off the road for some time.
This you include new front tyres as you probably 'flat spotted' those under brakes.

You might be able to raise an arguement to get new driver seat apolstery as well.

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Geez - that sux Troy. Doesn't look too bad and then you see the cost of the repair!!! Holy sh!t!!!

So how long do you reckon you will be off the road?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Damn Troy this sucks mate!!!! I know you will have her looking as good as new soon, just an inconvenience tho.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Scary photos, just confirm my believe that "Woman = money" in one way or the other. Hope her insurance is paying all the damages.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Damn it Troy. That is such bad luck. At least we know a good panel shop to have it repaired, eh?

Those costs of repair are scary, especially when it looks to be such a minor bingle.

·
Registered
302 Posts
bad luck mate...that sux!

Hope you get back on the road asap.

Cheers,
Paulo

·
Registered
554 Posts
Women drivers.....:thumbsdow

My only bingle (no not Lara) has been with a female driver at the Flemington Rd roundabout in Nth Melbourne where the train goes through the roundabout and the btich stopped dead on the tracks because "there was a tram coming". :12::12::12: It was going to hit you dumb ass!

You can get yourself a Grip grille now! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Ease up on the women drivers guys, we're not all bad.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hi Troy, as already said, that sux. (& I know how you feel!)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts