Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer said the district sales manager gave my VIN # to someone else and moved me up on the list....I call BS...I have the new VON they gave me...First thing tomorrow Chrysler gets a call to see what my new status is...I bet they moved me back instead of foward....I am going to be so pissed if they lied to me...

Andrew

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my old von was ordered on june 21st...new von has order on sept 15...so they did give my vin/von away...called chrysler and am trying to get higher authority numbers...may be resorting to calling the district attorney...wish me luck

andrew

·
Registered
74 Posts
Was there a reason given, like maybe, they were going to sell you car to someone else for a higher price. I think they have violated the fair dealing laws.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure what the deal is yet..still trying to figure it out...even if someone paid higher it still doesn't matter like u said...if they did then that is why i am going to higher people or the DA

andrew

·
Registered
74 Posts
The concept of fair dealing is found in common law. However, jjs has a good suggestion in contacting your state consumer agency.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am going thru the dealership first...warn them to correct this and give me my vin back or i will take things further to bbb, da, or state consumer agency...wish me luck...i need it...3 months i waited got a vin, they give it away, and i have a new order as of sept 15 instead of june 21 when i ordered it...i am not waiting 3 more months for another vin...

andrew

·
Registered
74 Posts
BTW....did you sign any type of a contract or do you just have an order form with a refundable deposit?

·
Registered
114 Posts
A suggestion: write up a letter addressed to the BBB, make a copy for the dealer, make a copy for a local news station that is known for accepting consumer complaints, and make a copy for DC Corporate. Take all four to your dealer, and very calmly & very politely state to them the problem you are having, mention your level of frustration without anger, ask them if your assessment of the situation is accurate, and tell them that you intend to send these letters because you feel you have been given no other option.

The letter itself should be relatively brief [nmt 3 paragraphs], it should clearly state the dealer name, the service failure, the steps you took to allow the dealer to make it right and the issue that remains unresolved. State facts, only briefly mention your level of frustration but don't dwell on it.
Do your homework and list each of the mailing addresses on the letter, so each party knows who else has a copy of the letter.

Based on what you've posted here, it sounds like the problem is happening at the dealer level; involving Corporate may get you bumped up the list, but some sort of penalty could get levied against the dealer... so even if you end up getting your car from them, I wouldn't risk getting service done there if the dealer holds a grudge.

Your dealer is in the best position to actually help you in the short term, and they should be given the one last chance to earn your business; whether they will strive to do that depends on whether they feel you have been acting fairly yourself.

Having the letters in hand shows them you mean business. Don't expect the dealer to move mountains or change the laws of space & time; and if you were nasty with them the last time you left the dealership, don't expect them to jump to help you. You are giving them a chance to make it right, but being calm and fair while doing so could make them want to make it right. Act like the loyal customer that you long to be, let them know you feel betrayed, and give them the chance to make it right. If the dealer wants to and can do something at that point, they will. If they don't, that's their problem. Don't waste another minute, ask for your deposit back, send those letters, and go somewhere else to place an order. It may take longer to get your car, but at least you can feel good knowing that the initial dealer didn't take any of your money.

At the new dealer, be sure to let them know what happened at the first place, act like the loyal customer that you long to be, and let them deal with you fairly... if the two dealers are close enough to be competing for business, you never know what could happen.

Let us know how it turns out.

If you feel wronged enough to make a legal case out of it, it is possible you could win, but by the time you did, the 300C may not be the coolest thing out there any more, and you may be too old to drive! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
254 Posts
What dealership are you working with?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really don't care to say what dealership it is. I have a computerized printout of my car, my name, my price, and my VON/VIN number on it from the dealership. I will warn them first with letters and a statement about my course of action if nothing changes very soon.

Andrew

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
here's the situation...ordered june 21...got vin sept 9...name was changed to the other customer on sept 13 right after i received the vin...called the dealer to see what the deal was...they said they would change it back...they never did...called back and they said they gave it to another guy and didn't say why...so basically they lied to me the 1st time i called when they said they would change it back to my name...

they will get a written and verbal warning on my future actions if they do not rectify the situation....hopefully that will encourage them to do something or change something...i have not been up to the dealership since i picked up that paper 2months ago and i was very nice...plus the dealership is an hr and a half from where i live so i don't plan on taking my car there to get it worked on...so let's see what my lawyer recommends me to do...

andrew

·
Registered
254 Posts
Best of luck!

I thought it would be good to share what dealers to avoid here.

I know I'll be looking to get in line for an srt8 soon.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Have you called the Chrysler 1-800-992-1997 number and asked the name on the VIN? They are usually helpful and I believe they can see the entire history of the order and all the changes. Ask them if this normal/OK for your name to have been replaced by someone else.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Good luck with i have never heard of anything like that and i work at a CHRYSLER dealership in LOUISIANA. ITS never happened with ANY cars weve ever had. AS FOR FAST 4 DO, YOU ARE NOT GETTING A SRT8 BECAUSE I SAID SO. LOL
HOLLLLLLLLLA BACK.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
double duece,
is there any way you can help me out...like give me some phone numbers or anything...or maybe even a deal on a new 300c from your dealership...

andrew

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered my Black 300c loaded except for smoker's group on 6/8/04. I went to dealership to pick up car last week only to find the vehicle had several of the options I ordered missing from window sticker. Turns out that DC did the same thing to me. My VON/VIN were correct, car made and sent to another dealer. Checked with DC who will say nothing except they will investigate. Yesterday received my survey and extended warranty information regarding my 300c purchase complete with my name and vin number on the letter. Way to go to enhance customer trust in the DC way.
Thankfully Dealer is working on getting me another 300c minus all but one option to "make up for the error". Along with this will be a SIGNIFICANT reduction in vehicle final cost to make me a satisfied customer at this 5 star dealer. Will pick up car this week ---- God willing. I will let you know the status of the transaction on Monday.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well i got the district sales manager number...she'll be getting a call on monday...if they moved someone up on my vin then she better do the same for me...

andrew

1 - 20 of 20 Posts