·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here it is.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Those are some very impressive numbers. I hope that it remains very reliable for you. Now how about taking it to the track so we can see what she'll do. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Very nice increase mate. You have to be happy with that.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im planning a trip out of town, to the track. on aug. 13. but none of my other SRT buddies can make it. so im not sure ill be going. but i plan on getting a few runs in by the end of summer. ill make sure i post up the results, as soon as i get them.

the power in the car is amazing. but as you can see in the dyno runs, it dropped off every run. due to heat soak setting in. i need a 180* t-stat asap. so ya, if anyone feels friendly enough to mail me one to canada?? :D

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh BTW. i cant find the before dyno sheet. but the shop said they would email it to me. so ill post it up for comparison. the original HP was 360whp though. so 100hp gain at the wheels. not too shabby.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:fing02: :fing02: great news , how u liking it ?

i love it so far. i wish the S/C was a little louder though. the exhaust completely drowns out the s/c whine. but i am running the corsa exhaust and high flo cats.

im going to throw in a one stage colder plug. and do the t-stat. and possibly get my tune straightened out, since it comes pretty rich from vortech.

but im hoping to hit the track next friday, as is. im really hoping i could break into 11's, with my full stereo, and 22's, and 2200 feet elevation. but maybe im dreaming.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
i love it so far. i wish the S/C was a little louder though. the exhaust completely drowns out the s/c whine. but i am running the corsa exhaust and high flo cats.

im going to throw in a one stage colder plug. and do the t-stat. and possibly get my tune straightened out, since it comes pretty rich from vortech.

but im hoping to hit the track next friday, as is. im really hoping i could break into 11's, with my full stereo, and 22's, and 2200 feet elevation. but maybe im dreaming.
that could be to your advantage!

now when you beat someone, they will think they got beat by an N/A SRT8. not a blown one.

·
Registered
76 Posts
oh BTW. i cant find the before dyno sheet. but the shop said they would email it to me. so ill post it up for comparison. the original HP was 360whp though. so 100hp gain at the wheels. not too shabby.
Maybe I'm confused, but I thought that the initial HP on the srt8 was atleast around 400. I thougt that by adding a SC to any srt8 that it would put you in the 500 range. I'm by no means an expert, just would be interested in an explanation.

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
Maybe I'm confused, but I thought that the initial HP on the srt8 was atleast around 400. I thougt that by adding a SC to any srt8 that it would put you in the 500 range. I'm by no means an expert, just would be interested in an explanation.
the 425hp is the crank rating (hp at the crank) most cars have a 9 - 15% drive- train loss..

when I say most cars I mean in general, I think the Hemi/LX base is 10 to 11% drivetrain loss

since a dyno reads at the wheels not at the crank a 425 hp @ crank car puts about 360 - 380 at the wheels..

some are better some are worse..

the 5.7L (mine) is crank rated at 340hp mine completely stock was putting 303hp at the wheels; that is an 11% "ish" loss.. with my Airhammer, Exhaust and Predator tune I am at 348 hp at the wheels, which means the crank HP is about 383hp with an 11% loss..

make sense?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
stock HP is 425. i am sitting at about 540hp. both of those numbers are at the crankshaft.

the dyno sheet lists the power at the wheels. my stock dyno to the wheels, was 360. and as you can see by the sheet. my power is now 460.

you lose about 15% roughly through all your drivetrain components.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the 425hp is the crank rating (hp at the crank) most cars have a 9 - 15% drive- train loss..

when I say most cars I mean in general, I think the Hemi/LX base is 10 to 11% drivetrain loss

since a dyno reads at the wheels not at the crank a 425 hp @ crank car puts about 360 - 380 at the wheels..

some are better some are worse..

the 5.7L (mine) is crank rated at 340hp mine completely stock was putting 303hp at the wheels; that is an 11% "ish" loss.. with my Airhammer, Exhaust and Predator tune I am at 348 hp at the wheels, which means the crank HP is about 383hp with an 11% loss..

make sense?
i see you already beat me to it. :)

thats pretty crazy that you were able to get within 10whp of an SRT8, with basic bolt ons. were your before and after runs done on the ssame dyno, under the same conditions??

·
Registered
76 Posts
Appreciate the explanation guys, everything makes sense now.

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
i see you already beat me to it. :)

thats pretty crazy that you were able to get within 10whp of an SRT8, with basic bolt ons. were your before and after runs done on the ssame dyno, under the same conditions??

pretty much same conditions and same dyno

tried a different Dyno in a little warmer weather as was 5hp lower..

but my baseline was higher from the start

most 5.7L's pull about 280 at the wheels in complete stock form, I pulled 303 as my average of 3 pulls in complete stock form (and my RWTQ was 351 Stock, where most stock 5.7L pull about 330rwtq). so I was higher from the base line than most 5.7L's.

I just happened to get one of those factory freaks...

if you do the math I am either 350 Stock at the crank with a 14% drive train loss or 340 at the crank with an 11% loss.. either way my base line is higher than the average..

I've also been running an SRT8 tuned TCM shifting at 6400 RPM on stock heads/springs for near 20,000 miles without issue (touches wood) I know of several others that tried the 6400 shift points with the diablo and bent a rod or broke a spring..

I can run pretty much neck and neck with a stock SRT8 they can't pull on me if they don't get a good jump out of the box,, and from a roll forget it, I will run neck and neck with them.. But as I say STOCK SRT8.. put a tune in it and they walk me easy..

my exhaust is custom though, not an off the shelve cat back.. Blastin Bob is local to me and he set me up with a nice custom made system that gave me something like 26hp and 28rwtq with the Mopar CAI.. I gained about 16hp but only about 5rwtq with the Diablo Tune and Air Hammer, (added after the exhaust Dyno).

my last dyno was this past Nov, with the current setup I have and it was 348hp and 384rwtq.. <-- Edit that.. just saw my typo.. 374rwtq....

I gotta find that print out and post it..

I should also mention, as I am told by several of the local LX owners, mine is one of the few 5.7L cars that will "chirp" second and 3rd gear from a rolling WOT run with ESP turned ON.. (Diablo tune and SRT TCM)...

doesn't do it all the time, only when I clear the adaptives, seeing as I only drive 5 miles to work my car thinks I am a grandpa most of the time..

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Try a methanol kit to lower the intake temps... Its worth it and less than 300 bux

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
hold up my mods are ..
intake , Lt headers with gutted cats and and exhaust system not to mention dyno tune from diablo and i was at lets say 430Rwhp and 370 Stock .. where should i be with the vortech 500's ??

let me know guys im torn

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hold up my mods are ..
intake , Lt headers with gutted cats and and exhaust system not to mention dyno tune from diablo and i was at lets say 430Rwhp and 370 Stock .. where should i be with the vortech 500's ??

let me know guys im torn
are you guesstimating 430hp?? or is that what you actually dynoed with those bolt ons?? because those mods will not dyno that high. unless you were on a very forgiving dyno.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
dyno jet and the numbers i gave u are what expected with my mods .. plus ppl with only an intake and diablo are getting 410 Range :) alot on this forum and many others blessed the day Diablo and Cmr came out :)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dyno jet and the numbers i gave u are what expected with my mods .. plus ppl with only an intake and diablo are getting 410 Range :) alot on this forum and many others blessed the day Diablo and Cmr came out :)
one of the highest CMR tunes i have seen. was 411hp. and that was with CAI, headers, exhaust.

your numbers make sense though now. they were measured on a dynojet. which reads high.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts