Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the MyGig and cannot figure out how to enter the home street address. I can input the street name but not the actual house number. I have read the instruction book and it is of no help at all. Can anyone enlighten me please. Thanks, regards, Bob.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Something you can try is to go home and then from the Navigation menu press the Where am I now. When you do it will probably tell you and then ask if you wish to make this your home address.
Hoagie

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI Hoagie. Thanks. I'll try that. I can enter the street name but not the street address. Best regards, Bob.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Something you can try is to go home and then from the Navigation menu press the Where am I now. When you do it will probably tell you and then ask if you wish to make this your home address.
Hoagie
Thats what I did, but instead of doing it at my driveway I did it at the end of my street. I did this because I figured if somehow my car was ever stolen with my keys (say from a valet or something) the theif won't get turn-by-turn directions to a big pay-day.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Thats what I did, but instead of doing it at my driveway I did it at the end of my street. I did this because I figured if somehow my car was ever stolen with my keys (say from a valet or something) the theif won't get turn-by-turn directions to a big pay-day.
Humm, that is until he pressed the Home Link button to open the vault door.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
I think the biggest problem is there's just not all that many of us who have the MyGig...YET that is. Damn, if I ever get mine I could probably come up with some answers. Till then I'm in the dark.

Bernie

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bob,
Did you ever arrive at a solution to your dilema?

bruno
Hi Bruno. I did what was suggested above. It works OK. I just thought that you could enter the actual house number somehow. The manual is useless. They don't even have the MyGig site open yet that is mentioned in the manual about ten times. Best regards, Bob.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Bernie. The MyGig is really GREAT compared to the RER I had in my 2006 300C. I really do like it. Best regards, Bob.

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Bob, I just found the MyGig Manual in pdf format. It's about 3.5MB and is 169 pages long. Obviously too big to attach here, but if you send me your e-mail address in a PM I'll send it to you. Hopefully it'll answer any questions you have.

Bernie

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Bernie. Thanks. I have that manual in pdf form. I read it from cover to cover and could not find the answer. In one place there is a statement that there is a method to edit the home address but when I went there and there was nothing in detail about it. Best regards, Bob.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Bernie. Thanks. I have that manual in pdf form. I read it from cover to cover and could not find the answer. In one place there is a statement that there is a method to edit the home address but when I went there and there was nothing in detail about it. Best regards, Bob.
Bob - Hit the menu hard key, select 'My Files', select 'My Address Book', select 'Home', choose 'edit contact' option, and you should be on your way...

Dechief

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hi Dechief. Thanks. I 'll try that. I think I did something like that but was never able to enter a house number, only a street name. I'm going out soon and I'll try it. Best regards, Bob.

Thanks. I tried it. I had to re-enter the home address but finally got the street number in. Best regards, Bob.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts