Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi
(Im new here)...
I was wondering if that is possible to add the new nav Mygig system into my Chrysler 300C 2005?
Salim
first let me say welcome and second id like to know the same accept mines a 06

·
Registered
597 Posts
so far from what i've read, no its not possible. I think there is certain companies still trying to get it to work but i cant remember who

·
Registered
278 Posts
I think there are two completely different BUS systems that the MyGig system uses that the older LX's don't have.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just do what I did, buy a 2008 and you can have the MyGig.:) Just to let you know I love the MyGig, no need to carry cd's or your Ipod.

·
Registered
97 Posts
are you having any problems with your mygig? in Aus, i know of only 3 2008's floating around so far, and all 3 have got faulty mygig's... 100% failure rate!! one has had it replaced already 3 times and all 3 faulty!! mine is going in on wednesday, most likely for replacement and new flash...

·
Registered
148 Posts
are you having any problems with your mygig? in Aus, i know of only 3 2008's floating around so far, and all 3 have got faulty mygig's... 100% failure rate!! one has had it replaced already 3 times and all 3 faulty!! mine is going in on wednesday, most likely for replacement and new flash...
Whats wrong with yours?
Mine has been fine except it had been muted like the Uconnect was activated, but pulling the fuse for the radio worked. I know the dealer does not know how to handle the problems with the Mygig and normally replaces the unit from what I have read. There is problems with them where it stays activating navigation and never does and the hard drive reads 0 GB but there is a software fix for this.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Ask jonw he is working with PAC on a part to make it work... Although there will be some mods needed I thinl a LOC and a new bezel too...

·
Registered
97 Posts
mine the sat voice promts work fine until you start the car, then it mutes the voice prompt and makes the radio loud instead of the other way around... it's like it switches which channel should be amplified after the car is started... it has also lost all phone pairing and phone book information for no reason twice now, and all information (as if it was factory reset'd) just the other night... if it was just one isolated problem it woudn't be so bad, but there are so many it looks like it might be terminal...

·
Registered
148 Posts
mine the sat voice promts work fine until you start the car, then it mutes the voice prompt and makes the radio loud instead of the other way around... it's like it switches which channel should be amplified after the car is started... it has also lost all phone pairing and phone book information for no reason twice now, and all information (as if it was factory reset'd) just the other night... if it was just one isolated problem it woudn't be so bad, but there are so many it looks like it might be terminal...
I believe your nav voice promts are fine. After each ignition cycle the nav voice vloume defaults back to a low volume # which I think is stupid. So every time use use it you need to raise the volume of the nav promts. Here is the version that that started on so if you have that or higher thats the problem for that.

9.561 MY08V2.0 RER/REW/REP released October 2007
5 second timer on Accept Screen (aka Nag Screen)
iPhone Uconnect support added
Saves the Nav Prompt volume to 0 over an IGN cycle
Fixes loss of SAT presets
No change to Navigation or Gracenote data base

·
Registered
97 Posts
hi Bluer101,

thanks for your ideas. that version info is interesting... i know the USA rer software version is up to 9.5x, but the REP AUS version (mine was 9.1x and has ben upgraded to the latest available) is only up to 9.3x... do you know where i can get a newer version that 9.3x? I have it booked in with the DLR for wednesday, they say they have a flash upgrade to try on it... see what happens with that. i also got a contact's number in chrysler to give a call. he said he can get me in touch with the tech department directly and try and avoid the dumbass, oops i mean dealer, lol... i will check the saved nav prompt to 0 thing, but i have tried adjusting the nav volume after starting he car. the more i turn it up, the louder the RADIO goes when the prompt whould be talking. the only way i can make the prompt loud is to turn the nav setting to 1 and the radio to 20, then the nav voice is normal level but the radio is VERY loud normally... it has to be a fault, maybe something to do with voltage drop upon cranking?? it has also lost all it's settings a couple of times now, very frustrating...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was told the other day from a chrysler tech that the first MyGig system that came out the slower one will plug and play but that it will put some codes into the computer but should not effect the operation other than Sirius. dont know how true and have not done it to mine, but I know many have tried and are still working on things.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, i am pleased to let everyone know, my series 2 srt8 went to the dlr yesterday for the MyGig faults. Thanks to Aaron, his Tech contact at Local Head Office got the facts from me, rang the dealer and told them what to check etc and after a flash (yes, there is ANOTHER one) it works as designed!! yay! voice prompts come across load and clear, radio mutes, etc... now to hope that it doesn't lose the stations and bluetooth anymore. they suggest the flash will fix that also, but as it was intermittant, fingers crossed!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well, i am pleased to let everyone know, my series 2 srt8 went to the dlr yesterday for the MyGig faults. Thanks to Aaron, his Tech contact at Local Head Office got the facts from me, rang the dealer and told them what to check etc and after a flash (yes, there is ANOTHER one) it works as designed!! yay! voice prompts come across load and clear, radio mutes, etc... now to hope that it doesn't lose the stations and bluetooth anymore. they suggest the flash will fix that also, but as it was intermittant, fingers crossed!
Good to hear.:cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts