Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I have a wiring harness already made and tested to install mygig into a 2006 Charger, Magnum, 300. First things first this WILL NOT WORK IF YOUR CAR HAS AN AMPLIFIER!!! Which I found out mine does so I cannot swap to mygig without bypassing the amp which is a mess so I have scrapped the idea for me. Wiring harness was wired together by MOpar tech with 10 years experience using wiring diagram from service manuels!! Wiring Harness is ready to install no wires have to be touched on the car just simply remove your old radio plug in the harness to car then to back of mygig and u are done. Also included is a connector so u can just plug in and use your existing am/fm antenna. The connector that goes into the back of the mygig radio cost me $52 just for it since it had to be special ordered from CHrysler ++ the connector for the other end and antenna adpator!!!! First one that wants it for $75 takes it. I will try and post a pic later when my camera charges. THanks and pm with any questions!

Attachments

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
may want to try to post in parts for sale section
He won't be able to until he has 10 posts and 10 days as a member.

Bernie

·
Registered
32 Posts
OK I have a wiring harness already made and tested to install mygig into a 2006 Charger, Magnum, 300. First things first this WILL NOT WORK IF YOUR CAR HAS AN AMPLIFIER!!! Which I found out mine does so I cannot swap to mygig without bypassing the amp which is a mess so I have scrapped the idea for me. Wiring harness was wired together by MOpar tech with 10 years experience using wiring diagram from service manuels!! Wiring Harness is ready to install no wires have to be touched on the car just simply remove your old radio plug in the harness to car then to back of mygig and u are done. Also included is a connector so u can just plug in and use your existing am/fm antenna. The connector that goes into the back of the mygig radio cost me $52 just for it since it had to be special ordered from CHrysler ++ the connector for the other end and antenna adpator!!!! First one that wants it for $75 takes it. I will try and post a pic later when my camera charges. THanks and pm with any questions!

You paid $52 for that apt?, I bought mine for $15 from my local stereo dealer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mygig radio wiring

ya u got the end that goes on the car for $15 not the end that goes into the back of the mygig radio. Since there were no wrecked cars around the area I had to buy the radio end from dealer only way to get it at this time.
Radio end was $52 car end was $15 Two antenna connectors were $12 and $10 Which equals around $89 dollars. But the wiring is done for someone who does not have access to get it or wiring diagram to make it match up. Make me an offer!! Would not work with my car since we have an amp!!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
do all MyGig functions operate correctly?
this tech tip from chrysler is the reason i ask:

SUBJECT:​
TECH-TIPS # 09 / MyGIG™ MULTIMEDIA INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM WITH SIRIUS
SATELLITE RADIO, EXCHANGING RADIOS FROM ONE VEHICLE TO ANOTHER.
These multimedia systems are unlike anything else DaimlerChrysler has ever offered. Although it’s an
unacceptable practice, service personnel often exchange radios between vehicles. To avoid customer
dissatisfaction and unnecessary radio exchange attempts,
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EXCHANGE THIS
TYPE OF RADIO WITH ANY ANOTHER TYPE
. The vehicle’s identification number (VIN) and satellite
electronic serial number (ESN) are matched. If these two numbers do not match, the entertainment
system will not function.

PLEASE ENSURE ALL SALE AND SERVICE PERSONNEL ARE AWARE OF THIS ENTERTAINMENT
SYSTEM UNIQUENESS AND DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EXCHANGE RADIOS FROM ONE VEHICLE TO​
ANOTHER.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Dont believe the tip its bogus

do all MyGig functions operate correctly?
this tech tip from chrysler is the reason i ask:

SUBJECT:​
TECH-TIPS # 09 / MyGIG™ MULTIMEDIA INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM WITH SIRIUS
SATELLITE RADIO, EXCHANGING RADIOS FROM ONE VEHICLE TO ANOTHER.
These multimedia systems are unlike anything else DaimlerChrysler has ever offered. Although it’s an
unacceptable practice, service personnel often exchange radios between vehicles. To avoid customer
dissatisfaction and unnecessary radio exchange attempts,
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EXCHANGE THIS
TYPE OF RADIO WITH ANY ANOTHER TYPE
. The vehicle’s identification number (VIN) and satellite
electronic serial number (ESN) are matched. If these two numbers do not match, the entertainment
system will not function.

PLEASE ENSURE ALL SALE AND SERVICE PERSONNEL ARE AWARE OF THIS ENTERTAINMENT
SYSTEM UNIQUENESS AND DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EXCHANGE RADIOS FROM ONE VEHICLE TO​
ANOTHER.
Chrysler advises against it only because of the contracts with the vendors its a way to cover its back dont the believe the hype

·
Registered
609 Posts
ya u got the end that goes on the car for $15 not the end that goes into the back of the mygig radio. Since there were no wrecked cars around the area I had to buy the radio end from dealer only way to get it at this time.
Radio end was $52 car end was $15 Two antenna connectors were $12 and $10 Which equals around $89 dollars. But the wiring is done for someone who does not have access to get it or wiring diagram to make it match up. Make me an offer!! Would not work with my car since we have an amp!!!
i want it theres no way to pm you

·
Registered
609 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
i erased the phone number for u so can u please help me with ves question thaks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I talked with parts and we were unable to find a part number for the other connector for the back of the mygig. But my guess would be that your existing ves will not work with the mygig just a though because of all the other module integration issues. IF u still want the harness let me know?? I can send wiring diagram page with the harness and maybe you can sort out the VES system. Give me an e-mail!!! thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes you need the white plug for the VES to work, MATRIX give us another few days to work on the VES cause Im in the process of installing 2 headrest tvs and Im plugging them into mygig, FSTRNU I would like to see your wiring diagram for the harness you made up

·
Registered
609 Posts
magnumman thanks for your hardwork together you and fstrnu will have this thing licked
fstrnu if magnumman finds a solution i still want it but i understand if you have people waiting to buy it that dont have the ves.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did install it in my car everything worked but no sound since my car has an amplifier. there seems to be an issue with the mygig talking to the 06 or 07 amps. If u don't have an amp u should be able to just hook up this harnes and go!!! I don't have a car with no amp to test with but it has been proven that this will work with no amp!! Is u need the mygig plug drop me an email I am working on getting extras to sell!!!

·
Registered
609 Posts
fstrnu and magnumman im counting on you please please find a way to get it to work with the rear ves please

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did install it in my car everything worked but no sound since my car has an amplifier. there seems to be an issue with the mygig talking to the 06 or 07 amps. If u don't have an amp u should be able to just hook up this harnes and go!!! I don't have a car with no amp to test with but it has been proven that this will work with no amp!! Is u need the mygig plug drop me an email I am working on getting extras to sell!!!

That dont sound right, as I asked befor lets see your diagram for your harness, I bet I no the problem

·
Registered
7 Posts
This harness that fstrnu has, is only for cars w/o Primium Sound w/o evic mostley used on chargers 2005-2007 excluding 2008? It was mentioned the following work:

YES mounts fine
YES am/fm
YES sirius
YES nav ----------- with the NAV I'm not getting the voice to tell me when to turn but everything okay

YES factory kicker system
YES steering controls
NO boston sound system
??? uconnect
??? backup cam
??? ves
??? evic display
(YES means someone posted saying it definitely works, NO means someone posted saying it doesn't work or doesn't work yet, and ??? means I didn't see anybody comment on it.)

the following info show the 2008 Mygig chysler connectors wireing pins for 2008 LX models

C1,

Mopar Package #05135638AA
RADIO C1 - GRAY (INSTRUMENT PANEL) 10 WAY

CAV CIRCUIT FUNCTION
1​

X722 20LB/DG (EXCEPT HANDS FREE/EXCEPT POLICE)
MICROPHONE 2 IN (+)

X703 20DG/OR (HANDS FREE/POLICE)
LEFT AUDIO OUTPUT

X712 20DG/LB (EXCEPT HANDS FREE/EXCEPT POLICE)
MICROPHONE 1 IN (+)

X704 20DG/YL (HANDS FREE/POLICE)
RIGHT AUDIO OUTPUT

-

-

X793 20DG/YL (EXCEPT HANDS FREE/EXCEPT POLICE)
MICROPHONE FEED

-

-

X795 20DG (HANDS FREE/POLICE)
COMMON AUDIO OUTPUT

X792 20GY (EXCEPT HANDS FREE/EXCEPT POLICE)
MICROPHONE IN (-)

X835 20OR/GY (EXCEPT HANDS FREE/EXCEPT POLICE)
SENSOR GROUND

-

-

-

-

C2

Mopar Package #68032281AA
RADIO C2 - GRAY (INSTRUMENT PANEL) 22 WAY

CAV CIRCUIT FUNCTION
1​

A300 18GY/LG
FUSED B(+) (I.O.D.)

D54 20WT
CAN B BUS (-)

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

X62 18GY/OR
AMPLIFIED ANTENNA FEED

X303 18DG/TN (LOWLINE/MIDLINE I)
LEFT REAR SPEAKER (+)

X51 18DG/DB (MIDLINE II/HIGHLINE)
RADIO LEFT AUDIO (+)

X393 18DG/GY (LOWLINE/MIDLINE I)
LEFT REAR SPEAKER (-)

X57 18DG/OR (MIDLINE II/HIGHLINE)
RADIO LEFT AUDIO (-)

X304 18DG/BR (LOWLINE/MIDLINE I)
RIGHT REAR SPEAKER (+)

X52 18GY/DB (MIDLINE II/HIGHLINE)
RADIO RIGHT AUDIO (+)

X394 18YL/GY (LOWLINE/MIDLINE I)
RIGHT REAR SPEAKER (-)

X58 18GY/OR (MIDLINE II/HIGHLINE)
RADIO RIGHT AUDIO (-)

Z909 18BK/LG
GROUND

D55 20WT/OR
CAN B BUS (+)

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

X202 18DG/VT (LOWLINE/MIDLINE I)
RIGHT FRONT DOOR SPEAKER (+)

X292 18DG/YL (LOWLINE/MIDLINE I)
RIGHT FRONT DOOR SPEAKER (-)

X201 18GY/VT (LOWLINE/MIDLINE I)
LEFT FRONT DOOR SPEAKER (+)

X291 18GY/YL (LOWLINE/MIDLINE I)
LEFT FRONT DOOR SPEAKER (-)

C3 :

Mopar Package #68032268AA
RADIO C3 (DVD) - WHITE (INSTRUMENT PANEL) 22 WAY

CAV CIRCUIT FUNCTION
1​

X552 22GY/LB
AUDIO RETURN 3

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

X534 22GY/BR
VIDEO SIGNAL 1

X535 22GY
VIDEO COMMON 1

X536 22
VIDEO SHIELD 1

X541 22GY/LB
VIDEO SIGNAL 2

X542 22GY
VIDEO COMMON 2

X543 22
VIDEO SHIELD 2

X546 22GY/OR
AUDIO RETURN 2

X551 22DG/VT
AUDIO LEFT 3

X550 22DG/YL
AUDIO RIGHT 3

-

-

-

-

-

-

X539 22DG/TN
AUDIO LEFT 1

X540 22GY/VT
AUDIO RETURN 1

X538 22DG/WT
AUDIO RIGHT 1

X545 22DG/LB
AUDIO LEFT 2

X544 22DG/DB
AUDIO RIGHT 2

Hope this helps. I will post the 2006 C1 C2 Pin connectior diagram. I will post more info but to tell you I dont know anything about modifing connector pins. Sorry

1 - 20 of 25 Posts