Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have heard that there is supposedly an upgrade in the works for the UConnect system on the MyGig radios to improve the pairing and solve some of the problems with various phones. Does anyone know anything about it? If so, will it be a free upgrade? Will it be done by the dealers? I am also interested in knowing how the NAV upgrades will be handled. Any info sure would be appreciated. Regards, Bob.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi RS. Thanks for the info. That's probably the one I have heard about. If you get any info please let us know what it covers. Harman Becker was supposed to have a UConnect update. Best regards, Bob.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Version 9.705 has just been released, trying to get a copy... not sure what changes/bug fixes are yet...

Do you know how to get this Version? If you get more info...it would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi RS. Thanks. We all appreciate it. Best regards, Bob.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Thanks RS. I just downloaded the update to my hard drive and am getting ready to put it onto a CD. This update will be good for the MyGIG in my 2008 300C SRT8, right? What is included in this update?

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Thanks RS. I just downloaded the update to my hard drive and am getting ready to put it onto a CD. This update will be good for the MyGIG in my 2008 300C SRT8, right? What is included in this update?
Yes, as long as you have the MyGig version WITH navigation you are good to go...

Bug fixes
New Bluetooth Drivers
Graphics Accelerator for faster 3D Map performance
Play songs from same album in order of track number
Faster Point of Interest look up
Update of firmware for the 30GB (2008) HDD to prevent Master cylinder corruption
and more...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi again. I thought we only had 20Gb HD's in our 2008 MyGigs. Regards, Bob.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
I just installed the update. I am very happy because one very annoying problem has been fixed.

This bug has been fixed: "When you go 'back' before selecting a song it takes you to the top of the list, instead of where you left off. Example: You scroll down to Red Hot Chili Peppers. If you decide to not play one of their songs, or clicked it by accident and push the "Back" arrow, it takes you to the beginning of the list. I have many pages, and that was very annoying."

Now it will take you back to where you were, just the way you would expect. I'm not sure about the other problems that have been fixed, but I'm very glad this one is fixed now.

Here is a link to the "MyGIG Bugs" thread:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/51223-mygig-bugs-suggestions.html

Edit: THANK YOU RS! :)

·
Registered
639 Posts
UGH...what happened to the link? I was gonna update and now its gone.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Anyone know where I can get the Uconnect update? My new iPhone 3G will pair, and then never work for a call.
All it says on the Chrysler/MyGig site is:

MyGIG® Software Update
When it’s time to update your MyGIG® Multimedia System with GPS Navigation or MyGIG Multimedia Entertainment System, visit your local Chrysler, Jeep® or Dodge dealer to have the latest software installed.

Bernie

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just got a surprised update DVD(I assume) in the mail yesterday.
Much nicer interface and I think they fixed my biggest pet peeve...
With the old, if I wanted to go to Best Buy and put it in the name, it would bring back the list of every single Best Buy in America in no apparent order.
Now, it shows the closest one at the top of the list. Very nice.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Zimmy. What DVD did you get and who sent it? After you installed it please post the complete system info that is displayed on the radio. Thanks and best regards, Bob.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Zimmy. What DVD did you get and who sent it? After you installed it please post the complete system info that is displayed on the radio. Thanks and best regards, Bob.
The DVD was sent from Chrysler but the case mentioned all UConnect vehicles.
I apologize, I didn't bring it to work with me but here is my system info after the update:

Database: RS6 - N 106 0642
Gracenote: 534
System: 6815 006 3.5

I took a quick pick with my phone so I'm not sure if I got everything.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Zimmy. It looks like it was the 9.713 update for the application software. Your Gracenotes is out of date. You can get 881 at:
http://mofv.com/mygig/
You have to download it, burn it to a disc and then install it. If you do please read the installation instructions and follow them exactly. Best regards, Bob.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts