Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A disc came in the mail about a couple of weeks ago from Chrysler for a MyGIG update.

It's an ISO 9660 formatted DVD-ROM which contains Version 9.713 update for the MyGIG system.

The accompanying letter indicated that this was to fix a problem:

"The MyGIG Radio in your vehicle (VIN: XXXX) may become inoperative due to either a jukebox or hard disc drive corruption concern. A radio that becomes inoperative due to either of these concerns must be replaced."

The letter also claims that the update will provide "audio and graphic enhancements, as well as functional improvements to ease customer usage. In addition, the software update for vehicles equipped with a navigation radio provides enhanced hands free phone support and real time traffic information."

The update loaded and ran without a glitch but the following happened to me:

Favorites on Nav got cleared.
While the instructions did indicate that "Previously linked cell phones and saved voice tags and/or contact information must be linked and saved again after this radio softare update has been installed." I'm not sure why the favorites got cleared.

Fortunately, I only had one item in there, so no big deal, I'm sure I can find Sonics again.

Address Books
While the Recent Destinations where all there, Address Books and Home location were inaccessible and trying to enter a new Home location failed.

However, after turning off the car and allowing the MyGIG to turn off completely and restarting, both my original Address Books and Home location came back.

GPS Location
The update seems to clear the inertial navigation info, so the Nav won't know where you obtain full satellite lock.

After lock, it seems to want you to drive on a marked road then it goes all back to normal.

Changes
I haven't played with it yet after the update but here are the obvious changes:

Version Numbers
Application Version: 9.713
SDS: 131574 (No idea what this is, previous version did not indicate this)

Database, GraceNotes and System version remain unchanged.

Navigation Displays
Now shows an icon to record a trail at the bottom right corner of the screen.

Navigation Update button also available now in menu, although I'm not sure if that was there before.

Navigation Menu now has colorful icons and items have changed.

Pictures follow:

System Information

Trail button

New menu

·
Registered
285 Posts
My software date is Sept. '07. I have the features that you are talking about already. Since I bought my car new in March '08 (built in Feb.) the satellite presets only stay for a few days then all default to weather channels 184. The first visit my wife took it in. They said said they "flashed" the software. Problem continued exactly the same. Dealer orders a new radio and it coincides w/2nd oil change. The problem still exists. I don't like to sit in a waiting room when my car is on a lift. I like to watch from well outside the bays and I don't make a pain in the ass of myself. The mechanics are friendly. After the oil change & rotation the mech. sat inside for less than 1/2 hr. He had the cover off the center console. I never actually saw a radio taken out and one put in. At some point you have to trust a dealer(did i say that?) The new touchscreen seemed new. All Nav. options were reset. In other words as far as I can see the radio was replaced. What are the chances of 2 different units w/the same problem? The serv. mgr said compared to how many cars they sell w/MyGig they don't replace many. Did they pull a fast one?

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
My software date is Sept. '07. I have the features that you are talking about already. Since I bought my car new in March '08 (built in Feb.) the satellite presets only stay for a few days then all default to weather channels 184. The first visit my wife took it in. They said said they "flashed" the software...
What software version do you currently have? The latest from Chrysler is 9.713 (9.715 direct from Harmon).

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
What software version do you currently have? The latest from Chrysler is 9.713 (9.715 direct from Harmon).
That's what I don't understand. How come I have 9.715 and it's not out there yet???

Bernie

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Changes
Database, GraceNotes and System version remain unchanged...
The latest Gracenote update is v881 (Feb. 2008). It is available on its own disc.

The first map update for the MyGIG was released last month, v.U0035-0070-801.

Some of the other changes for the 9.713 firmware:

HDD firmware update to prevent Master Cylinder HDD corruption
Able to play imported compressed music from same album in order of the track number
Navigation data base improved update software
SAT preset to new defaults

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
That's what I don't understand. How come I have 9.715 and it's not out there yet???
Because, and DON'T tell anyone this, you are a SPECIAL customer. If other owners were to somehow find out there would be some ass-chewing going on upstairs in the big building.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Because, and DON'T tell anyone this, you are a SPECIAL customer. If other owners were to somehow find out there would be some ass-chewing going on upstairs in the big building.
Oh yeah, now I remember. I'm the special guy...haha.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Oh yeah, now I remember. I'm the special guy...haha.
Well, I'm not sure how one would define "special" in this particular situation, all I know is that if one of the engineers had personally delivered my Jeep, bought me lunch, then dinner and drinks, filled my Jeep and my other car with gas, washed and waxed them both, pressured-washed my driveway, mowed my lawn, and to top it off, gave me 4 lap dance tickets to the local club - I would indeed have felt "special", as you should!

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
And to think I thought that was part of the SRT package deal.

Bernie

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
My software date is Sept. '07. I have the features that you are talking about already. Since I bought my car new in March '08 (built in Feb.) the satellite presets only stay for a few days then all default to weather channels 184. The first visit my wife took it in. They said said they "flashed" the software. Problem continued exactly the same. Dealer orders a new radio and it coincides w/2nd oil change. The problem still exists. I don't like to sit in a waiting room when my car is on a lift. I like to watch from well outside the bays and I don't make a pain in the ass of myself. The mechanics are friendly. After the oil change & rotation the mech. sat inside for less than 1/2 hr. He had the cover off the center console. I never actually saw a radio taken out and one put in. At some point you have to trust a dealer(did i say that?) The new touchscreen seemed new. All Nav. options were reset. In other words as far as I can see the radio was replaced. What are the chances of 2 different units w/the same problem? The serv. mgr said compared to how many cars they sell w/MyGig they don't replace many. Did they pull a fast one?
The one way to find out is to look at the serial number of the unit under the System Information tab, and unless the reactivated your Sirius radio after they installed the new one, I doubt that replacement radios that come from the warehouse are pre-activated, so they may have simply done a master reset, which would have defaulted all the settings and deleted all your files and cleaned the screen.

That's my guess anyway.

I hardly use the Presets anymore now because I just find it tedious with the touchscreen interface, I simply use the Voice Command System and go directly to the station.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The latest Gracenote update is v881 (Feb. 2008). It is available on its own disc.

The first map update for the MyGIG was released last month, v.U0035-0070-801.

Some of the other changes for the 9.713 firmware:

HDD firmware update to prevent Master Cylinder HDD corruption
Able to play imported compressed music from same album in order of the track number
Navigation data base improved update software
SAT preset to new defaults
The Map update isn't free is it?

I've also noticed that the map now shows and overlay of traffic flow conditions, if only it was more accurate, it would actually be a feature. :pat:

·
Banned
339 Posts
Nope, it's a couple hundred $$ and is VIN-specific so it cannot be "circulated". P/N U0035-0070-801.

The 9.71x software has been replaced with 9.807, and Gracenote v1120 is now available.
Where does one find v1120 gracenote is it free or buy can it be downloaded?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nope, it's a couple hundred $$ and is VIN-specific so it cannot be "circulated". P/N U0035-0070-801.

The 9.71x software has been replaced with 9.807, and Gracenote v1120 is now available.
Hmmm, was just at my dealer and the Chrysler tech site didn't show 9.807. Do you have a part number for that ResumeSpeed or is there an image out there in the wild that can be downloaded?

Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts