Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gang,

Here's a question for the group. I happened to notice an indicator light that has no mentioning in the Owner's Manual. The indicator light is located between the fuel gauge and the speedo on my 300. (Not sure if the Magnum is set up the same way with their cluster set-up) Does anyone here know the purpose of this indicator. I know that it is not the "Low Fuel" indicator (Amber gas pump icon) What should I do if this indicator illuminates? This light illuminates during the "idiot light" bulb check while starting the car. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
Registered
41 Posts
Without a description, its hard to tell, but you are probably talking about the lightning bolt looking thing with half circles on each side. This is the electronic throttle body light. It simply tells you if there is a problem with the electronic throttle body system.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that one...badss. This indicator is just a red light, it is located between the fuel gauge and the speedo in my IP cluster on my 300. I know that one already.

Brian

·
Registered
704 Posts
It's for the alarm system. It flashes when the system is armed. Is your base model equipped with an alarm?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, not that I know of, just the keyless entry system with the ignition key remote.

·
Registered
506 Posts
That's the factory alarm system, I believe that all of the 300s have the keyless entry with the alarm........

gossame1, try locking the car with your remote and watch to see if that light starts blinking at all... Easy way to tell

·
Registered
887 Posts
gossame1, lock your car with the remote, then look inside the car to see if the light then flashes (every 5 seconds or so).

If it is flashing, try unlocking the door with the actual key (NOT the remote) and then open your door - if you have the factory alarm the horn and lights will go off.

·
Registered
704 Posts
HaTaX said:
That's the factory alarm system, I believe that all of the 300s have the keyless entry with the alarm........

gossame1, try locking the car with your remote and watch to see if that light starts blinking at all... Easy way to tell
Alarm is optional on lesser models ;)

·
Registered
506 Posts
On the chrysler website it lists all of this as being equipment as being on the base model:

FEATURES
Advanced Multi Staged Air Bags
190 HP 2.7 Litre V6
4 wheel Power Disc Brakes
Remote Keyless Entry with Sentry Key Engine Immobilizer
Power 8-way driver seat with 60/40 Split Folding Rear Seat

·
Registered
704 Posts
HaTaX said:
On the chrysler website it lists all of this as being equipment as being on the base model:

FEATURES
Advanced Multi Staged Air Bags
190 HP 2.7 Litre V6
4 wheel Power Disc Brakes
Remote Keyless Entry with Sentry Key Engine Immobilizer
Power 8-way driver seat with 60/40 Split Folding Rear Seat
No alarm mentioned, just keyless entry and immobilizer

·
Registered
506 Posts
Well, I would kind of figure if they go through the trouble of adding a chip to a key and the system to every car, they'd make it so it can honk it's horn if a door is opened while the car is locked.

·
Registered
704 Posts
This way they can charge extra for options. Some of the decked out Tourings and Limiteds are only a few thousand less than a "C"
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
Customer Preferred Package 26N
$7,000.00

Seats - Leather Trimmed Bucket

Seats - Heated Front

Seats -Power Front, Driver/Passenger

Wood Trim -Genuine California Walnut

Steering Wheel-Wood/Leather Wrapped

Sunroof - Power

Radio - AM/FM CD, 6-Disc, MP3

Speakers - 6, Boston Acoustics

Amplifier - 288 Watt

Wheels - 17" Aluminum

Air Cond ATC w/Dual Zone Control

Traveler/Mini Trip Computer

Audio Ctrls-Steering Wheel Mounted

Cargo Net

Mirror - Rear View, Auto Dim

Lock Knobs - Satin Silver

Instrument Cluster w/Display Screen

Gauge - Temperature & Compass

Windows-Pwr Front,1-Touch,Up & Down

Vehicle Information Center

Headlamps - Automatic

(Security Alarm)
----------------------------------------------------
Garage Door Opener - Universal

Shift Knob - Wood

(canadian prices)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yeah, they don't list it anywhere so lets see if we can get a forum member to sit in his car, lock it with the key remote while in it, and wait 15 seconds, then try to just open the door with the handle, the horn should start honking...

Also 12volt lists that all the 300c models have factory arm on key fob locking and locking with the door panel switch and the door open. I think it's probably cheaper for them to not have to stock 2 units than to have 2 different boxes for a small amount of 300s

·
Registered
95 Posts
believe it or not, its the alarm light. I got out, armed it and it was a constant flash till the headlights went out then went to a 2 secondish constant flash. I had no idea is was there until tonight. I guess I always arm it as I walk away and unarm it before I get to the car....never saw it...ever.
Mystery Solved!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Vineuh, do you have a base 300? If so what options are on it?

·
Registered
251 Posts
vineuh said:
believe it or not, its the alarm light. I got out, armed it and it was a constant flash till the headlights went out then went to a 2 secondish constant flash. I had no idea is was there until tonight. I guess I always arm it as I walk away and unarm it before I get to the car....never saw it...ever.
Mystery Solved!
How do you arm it?

·
Registered
506 Posts
pd171, you just press the lock button on the remote and make sure the doors are closed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts