Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I feel like a bit of a twit asking this (as I'm sure it is probably something obvious) I discovered this sensor or light on the roof interior of my 2006 (Australian model) wagon and I have no idea what it is I've re-read the owners manual and there is no mention of it that I can find anywhere I've uploaded pics of the 'mystery object' Can someone out me out of my misery and enlighten me as to its function/purpose? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
980 Posts
Hello I feel like a bit of a twit asking this (as I'm sure it is probably something obvious) I discovered this sensor or light on the roof interior of my 2006 (Australian model) wagon and I have no idea what it is I've re-read the owners manual and there is no mention of it that I can find anywhere I've uploaded pics of the 'mystery object' Can someone out me out of my misery and enlighten me as to its function/purpose? Thanks!
I've got that too. I was told that it was the alarm interior motion sensor. I honestly can't remember who told me, so that may or not be what it is, but seems reasonable to me. If it's not then hopefully someone will tell us otherwise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sensor

Thanks It is pretty small (looks bigger in the pics) and the clear sensor bit looks like glass or plastic and is about 1cm in diameter

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
3,736 Posts
Interior motion sensor. Part of the alarm system. Sometimes referred to as "breaking glass" sensor. To test: place lively dog in car, lock and then wait for alarm to go off. Has been known to operate when car locked with moth trapped inside.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Or lock the car while you're sitting in it and then move. Hehehe.

You don't have a second gen, it's not smart enough to know you locked the car with the key inside. At least I don't think so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts