Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Mystery under the hood

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  krullish 
#1 ·
Ok... So I have noticed my coolant being lower than normal. I have also noticed a dry chalky residue near the upper radiator hose. The direction of the spray looks like it came from the top hose, but when I checked it...it's still tight, no cuts. Can someone look at these pics and see if you think I need to replace my upper radiator hose, or if you had seen anything like this before?

See less See more
#3 ·
Thermostat housing gasket
There really isn't a "housing" gasket in the traditional sense, rather the gasket is silicone and nearly integral to the t-stat.

You might try just a bit of torque applied to the t-stat housing bolts to assure that they are snug.

#5 ·
Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna flush the system today. Get a new gasket just in case. I love this forum

#6 ·
So how did you make out?

#8 ·
I have a tstat gasket if needed, I can send it out. Fel-pro makes a gasket and NAPA usually carries them in stock.

Reactions: krullish
#9 ·
Man--- Thanks so much everybody for the comments on the thread. Turned out be that gasket, found one at my local NAPA. The last one!... Its been 2 weeks now and no new residue! I did have a bit of trouble getting in as much coolant as I took out, but over the following week or so, I just added a little more and more at a time. Runs cool, no leaks. Good enough for DIY haha. Again, thanks everybody for the help! Now onto my outer tie rods........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.