Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a site that i found www . bestgassaving . com and they claim an increase in fuel economy using Hydroxy. I came across the site through a youtube video of some guy who did it on his 300C. He claims that he went from [email protected] to [email protected] & [email protected]

I know there are alot of gimics out there sold every year by a bunch of scammers. Whats your guys take on this myth....:grouphug:

(Also known as water4gas)

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
I fixed the link so others could get there easier - best gas saving | gas saving | best saving.

I honestly don't know if this works or not and I really didn't see the benefit of spending $400+ for a few mpg more. One thing for sure is those glass jars would look pretty ugly placed behind the grille. The video really doesn't explain how it even works.

Call me a skeptic, but when I see they want your e-mail address right off the bat, it gives me the impression it's spam. I wouldn't waste my money on it.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
water4gas site

that site also leads to the main site www . water4gas . com (sorry for the links, its that dam min 4 post limit)

Apparently this has been in the news aswell...

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Well I see someone's given this thread a rating already...haha. It's rated as terrible. Not you, the idea I guess. Sorry, but I gotta give it a one star too. Too many scammers in the world.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
that site also leads to the main site www . water4gas . com (sorry for the links, its that dam min 4 post limit)

Apparently this has been in the news aswell...
Same spam using the same tired glass jars with a sponge in it...haha.

Bernie

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have personally dealt with gas savings devices for a major Canadian retailer, and with my research on the whole genre of products I can confidently say that this is a scam.

Ask yourself this...if the product really did work...why wouldn't the government make legislation to make it mandatory for implementation in vehicles? Especially in the current environmental situation we all find ourselves in.

The EPA has an after-market test program to evaluate products such as this to determine if they have statistically significant gas savings and whether this is justified for claims. Since the program inception (in the early seventies...if I remember correctly) NOT ONE PRODUCT HAS SHOWN THAT IT WORKS. I remember reading about all the products we have all heard of (i.e. the vortex/hurricane/tsunami for your air intake).

If someone really did come up with something to significantly save gas like described, it would effectively sell itself. It would be on every news station and advertising would not have to be spent on these. Yet these companies have to rely on expensive promotional advertising and slick commercials with testimonials to get the message out and get sales. Something doesn't seem right. If you come up with a product to save gas you will truly be set for lifetimes to come...it would be the ultimate money maker.

Why these products may have testimonials from friends that seem true is the placebo effect. If you have it in your car you may be inclined to think about taking it easy on acceleration, and you will be mindful to fuel usage. So I wouldn't be surprised if someone who used the product actually saved gas. But recognize where it's coming from, it's about changing your habits for fuel consumption, and not actually saving fuel with the device.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im just curious

Im just curious about this idea, i thought for sure somebody has to have heard about this...or even proven if its a hoax like the chips people buy on ebay for $10 that "improve performance" but really they are selling resistors in a nice shinny box LOL. When i seen the 300C video at the site, i thought id ask our forum community.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ebook available....

Ok, what i found was that you dont have to spend $400 for the product, that is a premade version you get from them. If you get the ebook they tell you how to make it. BTW, there are plenty of torrents of the book.:biggrin:

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Ok, what i found was that you dont have to spend $400 for the product, that is a premade version you get from them. If you get the ebook they tell you how to make it. BTW, there are plenty of torrents of the book.:biggrin:
I think you need to read aki's post again. He pretty much summed it up. If any of this crap really worked the government would have mandated it long ago. It would be the rage all over the world.

It's really starting to sound like you're trying to flog this on us.

Bernie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts