Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm getting a house built in a new subdivision-total new area for me and it will be done by august-ish but the street is already been named and my question is how long would i have to wait for the new subdivision to be on an updated disk? Already know its not on my nav disk of course.

thanks fellas for any guesses

stock NAV system*

·
Registered
208 Posts
The side street that I take to get to my house has been in existence several years before I moved here 2.5 years ago. I posted an errata on the Navteq site about a year ago. I've never heard from Navteq and its yet to show up on either Google maps for Mapquest, but claiming Navteq 2008 for my neighborhood. Navteq provides the maps for our car. This is a minor irritation compared to all the new toll roads they've built around Austin that make the nav system almost useless. I'm not paying for another DVD until I can check out the updates first hand.

-david

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya...my street shows up on yahoo maps and mapquest already though, dunno about the new nav dvd because i dont think i have the new one i doubt it.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you cant even type the street name in my nav at least yours comes up

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone else know how long it takes for the nav cds to get updated to actual current data?

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Pretty bad when you have to use your Nav to find your way home!:ponder:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Pretty bad when you have to use your Nav to find your way home!:ponder:
um when your on the road at places you've never been to its easy to just hit home and it takes you there..rather than getting lost because you dont know the area:twak: and if you took the time to read you would know i dont even live at the location i'm speaking of it is nice to make sure you dont get lost in a new city and town when you move there, let alone getting back from other away places you're not familiar with or been to also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My house is in the middle of a vineyard... still no streets.

It may have something to do with the limited storage capacity. I think the DVD had maps for all of the states and there has be be some cutoff.

or maybe.... the guy who programs the dvds is playing on the internet when he/she should be adding all of the new streets...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts