Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I don't seem to have a nav disc with my new car. It is loaded but I can't find any documentation that says I should have a copy of it. Also, is there supposed to be some documentation for a free update?

I want to know the real deal here to see if I should complain to the dealer when I go back to pick up my registration.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Your navigation is preloaded on the hard drive.

Bernie

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Your navigation is preloaded on the hard drive.

Bernie
ummmm, i did say that in the message above... i was wondering about the disc.

I may be confused since the 2008 comes with a HD and doesn't require a disc to be installed for accessing POI, etc.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
From a post by ResumeSpeed yesterday, updates are done by the dealer for those with the MyGig system, so there is no need for a disc.

Bernie

·
Registered
979 Posts

I may be confused since the 2008 comes with a HD and doesn't require a disc to be installed for accessing POI, etc.
you have a my gig brotha there is no disc your my gig has an internal hard drive with all the maps preloaded. the rec navigation system in 300's between 05-07 have a navtech disc. So like rambit said there is no disc in your case, your not supposed to have one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds good.

what kind of options do I have similar to what the REC units do with patching the dvd with a nav hack for in-motion entry?

I saw that lockpick product that goes inline to the factory wiring harness, is that my only option?

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts