Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Ive seen a few people have posted this type of problem on the US forums, but not seen anything here.

before I book my car in at the dealer I wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem, with the sat nav.

I got the problem from the start, but remove and insert the disc made it work again for weeks. then days and now never.

Im sure their first answer will be buy another disc, but before that happens, I want to see, if I can get feedback to show I am not alone.

One last request for help.
If anyone is around west London. It would be good if someone can try my DVD in their car, to see if it is the disc.

Thanks

TK

·
Registered
650 Posts
I had something like this to happen.Try to clean it gently. Try making a copy of the DVD on computer. Used dual layer disc. Will the copy work?

·
Registered
89 Posts
new disc

Had this happen to me a few weeks ago the same way you described. Took it to the dealer and found that it was the DVD disc causing the error. They replaced it with the newer AF version under warranty. Been working fine since.

·
Registered
1 Posts
One of my friends had this problem with the disc itself. Apparently if you are a smoker and the days are cold nicotine can put a thin layer on the disc surface and give read problems. Just a thought, unlikely but who knows!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also had exactly the same issue. Occassional errors then it finally played out. Cleaned the disc, initially better but then constant error. I thought the drive had played out. Went about pricing a replacement or repair and couldn't find anything for less than $600 usd. Spoke with a company who repairs these units and they said they have not experienced many errors in the drives, however the discs were known to go bad.

Ended up getting a newer version with the nav hack. Problem solved.

The annoying "ding" for Nav error every time I started my car was driving me crazy. I would have never guessed that the DVD could get damaged in the unit, but aparently it does.

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
used to be this guy on this forum that made "back-up" copies of the Nav discs for members for a modest "cover the cost and a few bucks for his time" fee..

what was his name?????

started with a "Mr." ended with an "ble"... hmmm.. :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No PM yet

Hi

I can not PM Mr (what ever) ble.
But I would really like to make contact.
may there is a way he can contact me?

TK

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:pat: I am today going to buy an A-Z of london.

I will be the joke of the office, but at least it works.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Hi TKlondon, From personal experience you will find Mr Incredible quite incredible - one of the nicest guys around and as helpful as the day is long. To enable Personal Messaging (both to receive and send) you have to have been a forum member for at least 10 days and made 10 posts - so I reckon you now qualify. You now need to go into your 'User CP' in the top menu bar, click on 'Edit Options', place a checkmark in the box marked 'Enable Private Messaging', and then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 'Save'.
Also, you may need to give the system a little time to catch up with your 10 posts. Make sure you refresh your page by logging off and back on again.
Hope this helps.
Cheers John

·
Registered
758 Posts
The latest (or last should I say due to hard dsrive technology) is the disc ending with AE. I made a few AE copies when i had my 300C but as it went away with the disc in it,,,,

I had to use DVD-R dual layer discs and Roxio as DVD+R D/L would not copy on my Vaio.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The latest (or last should I say due to hard dsrive technology) is the disc ending with AE. I made a few AE copies when i had my 300C but as it went away with the disc in it,,,,

I had to use DVD-R dual layer discs and Roxio as DVD+R D/L would not copy on my Vaio.
Has anyone else managed to create a 'backup' of the latest disc. I mean with all these Nav read errors it does seem a sensible precaution :naughty::fing02:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi

was in the dealership and got this checked.
They said it was the main unit and it will take about 5 days to order.
Once I have it replaced and know I have a working DVD, I will investigate how to make a backup.

TK

·
Registered
2 Posts
Map coverage

Had this happen to me a few weeks ago the same way you described. Took it to the dealer and found that it was the DVD disc causing the error. They replaced it with the newer AF version under warranty. Been working fine since.
AF version? Interesting. Does it have eastern europe maps on it? I mean Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Poland and Russia. I just wondering whether to order or not. Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi

Just got back from the garage.
head unit is now replaced, but now the old disk does not work in the new unit.
The new unit is asking for the new disk.

the garage is now arguing with headoffice, saying it should be supplied as a system.

So I am now waiting for the approval as I did not buy a car with a Sat Nav reader andf optional disk, but a whole system and I want the who system to work.

lets see.

TK

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Ease up a bit lads - as far as I am aware the European SatNav is NOT compatible with the N American version. Changing the DVD from one side of the pond to the other will NOT work and may have adverse effects on your SatNav unit. If anyone knows better I am happy to stand corrected.
Cheers John

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ease up a bit lads - as far as I am aware the European SatNav is NOT compatible with the N American version. Changing the DVD from one side of the pond to the other will NOT work and may have adverse effects on your SatNav unit. If anyone knows better I am happy to stand corrected.
Cheers John
sounds just like game cd/dvds... the PAL AND NTSC... probably something similar!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts