Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 300 SRT8 has 825 miles on it and I am getting a message on the Nav unit that says I am due for an oil change. Did I miss something in the manual about an early oil change during break in, or is this a message that should not be coming up? If this is an incorrect message how do I get rid of it?

Thanks

·
Registered
482 Posts
I didn't know the car even displayed that kind of info....Waiting to hear the answer like you....I 8000 miles on ours, I have never seen a message to change oil.

Todd

·
Administrator
14,572 Posts
teeitup said:
My 300 SRT8 has 825 miles on it and I am getting a message on the Nav unit that says I am due for an oil change. Did I miss something in the manual about an early oil change during break in, or is this a message that should not be coming up? If this is an incorrect message how do I get rid of it?

Thanks
You must have programed that in and just didn't realize it. I can't remember, but it's somewhere in the setup where you can have it give you reminders for maintenance.

Rambit

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rambit said:
You must have programed that in and just didn't realize it. I can't remember, but it's somewhere in the setup where you can have it give you reminders for maintenance.

Rambit
I may have done just that. Although I did not stipulate intervals. Should I be changing the oil after the first 750 miles?

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
If you go into the nav page find the maint section it allows you to program reminders for tune-ups, oil changes, tranny oil changes, air filter replacements, tire rotation and a couple more. When you drive the programmed miles you get a message on the nav screen.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
GEN XER said:
If you go into the nav page find the maint section it allows you to program reminders for tune-ups, oil changes, tranny oil changes, air filter replacements, tire rotation and a couple more. When you drive the programmed miles you get a message on the nav screen.

great post and info!!!
thanks for sharing!!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
The nav reminders (according to you -- I don't even have the nav) tell you to change the oil around 1000 miles. That agrees with my mechanic.

On the other hand the owner's manual says to change at 3000 or 6000 miles. That agrees with someone who posted here recently who said we should keep the initial oil for 3000 miles because it has special wear-in additives.

·
Registered
482 Posts
GEN XER said:
Great info!!

Todd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts