Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out if the brightness can be turned down on the display? I feel like I am lit up like a christmas tree at night. There has to be a way to turn it down a bit.... I guess I may have to dig in the manual later but was looking for a quick answer.

·
Registered
195 Posts
aspendog said:
Has anyone figured out if the brightness can be turned down on the display? I feel like I am lit up like a christmas tree at night. There has to be a way to turn it down a bit.... I guess I may have to dig in the manual later but was looking for a quick answer.
when you start nav you can go into options menu and turn it down

·
Registered
588 Posts
aspendog said:
As per page 49 of the NAV (REC) manual which comes with the car having the NAV system:

Select "System Settings" from the Main Menu screen. Then select "Brightness" for a choice of "Automatic" should be selected for such control which works well for day and/or night ops. This is the default setting.

If you want more control, but static for what you select,
select "Manual Control" for a "Palette" to choose either "Daytime Colors" or "Nighttime Colors".

Se;ect "Setting" and choose a level from 1 to 10.

Press "enter" after all selections.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is also a setting on the gauge dimmer that allows you to boost the NAV/Radio backlighting when your headlights are on during the day. It's one click below turning the interior lights on using the dimmer. If you've got that set on, the backlighting will be VERY bright at night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts