Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the website and it's not all that reveling right now. So what is the skinny on this product? Do you require the factory unit? Does it require a stand alone DVD player? Can one install it at home?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Randar_462 said:
So I went to the website and it's not all that reveling right now. So what is the skinny on this product? Do you require the factory unit? Does it require a stand alone DVD player? Can one install it at home?
Randar,
hey this is the unit i have in my car. i had to add a stand alone DVD unit i put that in my center consol the job was done real great and works awsome.

·
Registered
203 Posts
gshug said:
Randar,
hey this is the unit i have in my car. i had to add a stand alone DVD unit i put that in my center consol the job was done real great and works awsome.
here's a picture for you

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
gshug said:
here's a picture for you
So am I missing something or is this just a modified factory nav unit by the electronics company that does this, is it going to be cheaper that av...any "switching" unit needed as with the other...

·
Registered
203 Posts
joe300c said:
Seems silly - they pay for a banner ad before having anything on their website.. From the looks of it it'll be an also-ran switchbox ala avelectronics. The nature of splicing into the video signal necessitates the use of a switch. To do it without a switchbox would mean needing to not only change the componentry of the NAV unit but also change the firmware (software) of the unit to be able internally switch to and be aware of an additional signal.

The 2006 NAV unit has the "VES" vehicle entertainment system tab in the operating system. There may be greater possibility of running without an external switch by modifying the newer unit, or by updating the firmware of the 2005 NAV unit to the one that comes w/ the 2006 NAV unit if in fact there aren't any hardware (componentry) differences.
its a switch box they use. how is works...

you get a dvd player mount in the car i have mine in the center consol.
lets say yo want to watch a DVD you pop it in underneth my steering wheel are 2 switches you flick them both on you tune you radio to 89.1 Fm and you got sound and you good to go.

·
Registered
124 Posts
OK so its fm modultated, not a good thing but I can live with that. My question is where does the "switchbox" attatch to as with the avelectronic they have to physically modify the nav unit to accept one..

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
dreadful said:
OK so its fm modultated, not a good thing but I can live with that. My question is where does the "switchbox" attatch to as with the avelectronic they have to physically modify the nav unit to accept one..
We dont physically modify but there will be a wire coming from the side of the unit when the unit is in place the wire is in the back so nobody can see it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts