Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nav. System is setup to the following parameters.
System Settings
Guidance Setup
Map and Next Turn
Voice and Tone
Estimated Arrival Time
Reroute-Automatically

Heading
Vehicle Heading Up

I set my route and everything is fine. The map instruction me verbally and visually what to do.
The top of the screen displays, miles until next turn, time of arrival, street name, etc.
The bottom of the screen has text information too.

I drive for about 30 mins then the screen jumps to “Map” only. No text information on top or bottom of screen. I can still see the arrow showing me on a highlight path on the map. The
Arrow moves along the highlighted path as I drive.

Here is the problem.
If I drive off the highlighted path the nav system says nothing. No re-route information.
No tones, nothing. If I hit the “INFOR” button, the system says “Stay on highlight path”.
I want the system to stay in “Map & Next Turn” mode.

Why is the nav system going into this new mode? Is it a bug in the system or is it user error.:pat:

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
What version of the navigation disc are you using? The latest one is AF and it came out in Feb 08.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
How do I get the verison
If you look closely at the bottom of the REC unit you'll see a small cover where the disc goes. Using your fingernail or a small flat object, push the little tab on the left side and pull the cover off. It kinda hinges on the right side and will come right off. There's a small eject button behind this, so just press it and the disc will eject. Look for a series of numbers that end with two alpha characters. I suspect yours will be AC, AD or perhaps AE.

You can try cleaning the disc in the same manner you'd clean any CD/DVD. If that doesn't work there may be a problem with the disc. Some of the updates also have firmware updates as well. If you're still under warranty and cleaning doesn't solve your problem, take it in to your dealer as it's covered as well. I think it's unlikely you have a problem with the unit, but it is always a possibility.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
THe disc has a "AF"
Well that's good news you have the latest disc. Try cleaning it first and it that doesn't work take it to your dealer and they can sort out whether it's the disc or the unit. In either case both are covered if you still have warranty remaining.

Bernie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts