Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
121 - 140 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is not a good question. The only nav disks with the in motion hack are copied disks and that means it's piracy if someone is selling them.

Bernie
Please. :notworthy I do not mean to offend.
The question I think is a good question was asked by E55 KEV:
So, the new OEM Navteq AK disc has in-motion built in allowing for input while driving?
Based on comments posted earlier
Yes AK is now available and with In-Motion patch too
It's easy to see why we would have this question. That is the "good question" I meant.

·
Administrator
14,583 Posts
Please. :notworthy I do not mean to offend.
The question I think is a good question was asked by E55 KEV:

Based on comments posted earlier It's easy to see why we would have this question. That is the "good question" I meant.
What I was trying to say in answer to your question, "Where can we get the AK disc with the in-motion hack?", was this is disk begging for an illegal copy of the software. We don't allow this discussion here. Once again, any disk you run across for sale that has the in motion hack applied to it is a pirated copy and ILLEGAL. What you do with your own PERSONAL nav disk is your business, but it's obvious you don't own a copy of the AK otherwise you wouldn't have asked.

Bernie

·
Registered
420 Posts
the question stemmed from the incorrect statement that the OEM disk had the in-motion hack. his questions was where to find this OEM disk that had the hack on it. i don't see how the questions was begging for an illegal copy...

the answer to his question is not a response as to where to get an illegal copy. the answer to his question is that there is no OEM disk with the in-motion hack and that having the hack is a clear indicator that it is not OEM

...just saying...

·
Administrator
14,583 Posts
the answer to his question is not a response as to where to get an illegal copy.
Yes it is. Go back and read post #115. His question has been answered. You have no idea how many posts in this thread have been deleted for the same reason. There are also members in this thread who are lurking, specifically looking to sell disks. Neither Nav Teq or Chrysler sells these disks with the in motion hack and I can't make it any clearer than that.

From the rules...

Do not infringe copyrights, post links to downloads, or offers for pirated copyrighted materials i.e. service manuals, copied/hacked navigation software, brand logo rip-offs, etc. Do not post requesting information where to obtain pirated software.
Bernie

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes it is. Go back and read post #115. His question has been answered. You have no idea how many posts in this thread have been deleted for the same reason. There are also members in this thread who are lurking, specifically looking to sell disks. Neither Nav Teq or Chrysler sells these disks with the in motion hack and I can't make it any clearer than that.

From the rules...

Bernie
Again, I do not mean to offend. I was looking for clarification regarding the availability and location of an OEM DVD with the in-motion hack. From what I've seen and heard, OEM disks do not have in-motion. If such a disk is available from the Navteq or a dealer, I would like to know. Clearly it was a naive, incorrect interpretation on my part. I apologize.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Ugh you guys are incorrect, its not "hack".... its called a "patch" ;) lol

On topic, but off topic....
Did anyone see the thread over on LXF talking about Gov't trying to make it illegal to tamper/override any Navigation/DVD system?
I.E. those who have DVD players and trip the E brake so they can watch TV while Driving?

·
Administrator
14,583 Posts
Ugh you guys are incorrect, its not "hack".... its called a "patch" ;) lol

On topic, but off topic....
Did anyone see the thread over on LXF talking about Gov't trying to make it illegal to tamper/override any Navigation/DVD system?
I.E. those who have DVD players and trip the E brake so they can watch TV while Driving?
Yep, saw it and it's going to put some companies out of business.

Bernie

·
Registered
111 Posts
Can someone tell me what the actual version number of the AK maps are? (ie - 5.xx.xxxx) And has anyone used one yet to see if it's worth it? I believe I am still on AI and not sure it's worth plunking out $150 for the update.

I too am wondering what the new numbers are and what the differences are to the upgraded AK disc. Can someone clarify or is there a website that shows what the upgrades are?

I have the AG version and wonder if it is worth the upgrade to AK??? $150 is a lot of monies if not much of an upgrade!

My Garmin GPS/maps etc seem so much better...

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I too am wondering what the new numbers are and what the differences are to the upgraded AK disc. Can someone clarify or is there a website that shows what the upgrades are?

I have the AG version and wonder if it is worth the upgrade to AK??? $150 is a lot of monies if not much of an upgrade!

My Garmin GPS/maps etc seem so much better...

Thanks,
Gary
Navteq website will show you the difference i believe, or they have released notes usually per major cities. I'll personally tell you that there would be a big difference from AG to AK (as i've had all since AE i think?) but for $150 i'd stick to google maps on my android

·
Registered
111 Posts
Navteq website will show you the difference i believe, or they have released notes usually per major cities. I'll personally tell you that there would be a big difference from AG to AK (as i've had all since AE i think?) but for $150 i'd stick to google maps on my android

I went to the Navteq website and all I can find is:

This*product contains new and expanded detailed coverage*for*metropolitan and rural areas in the United States and Canada.
Over 2.9 million miles of roads have been validated for accuracy.
P.O.I.s have been updated to sp that your map has the latest information available.

Is there anywhere that specifically lists what the updates are?

Thanks,
Gary

Sent via iPhone 4S

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
As far as a simple comparison between version, i dont think that exist now re-looking at the site.
However between versions, if you look between archived press releases they do give good information about areas in the world that get updates.
Or send an email to one of their inquiry people

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can't Update with AK

Hi Guys, Ive seen a little bit written in various places regarding this but have yet to find anything definitive.

I have just bought an 05 300c and it is currently running the AC disk, I know someone with the AK disk and tried it in my system today as I wanted to verify it worked before I stumped up the 150 for a disk.

On trying to load it all I got was disk loading and it didn't get any further. On replacing the old disk everything was fine again.

I have read rumors that AC-AK might be too large a jump to update, does anyone know if this is the case?? if so does anyone have a disk somewhere in the middle I could purchase/borrow as a stepping stone to update.

Any help/advice wold be much appreciated!!!

Mark

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Hi Guys, Ive seen a little bit written in various places regarding this but have yet to find anything definitive.

I have just bought an 05 300c and it is currently running the AC disk, I know someone with the AK disk and tried it in my system today as I wanted to verify it worked before I stumped up the 150 for a disk.

On trying to load it all I got was disk loading and it didn't get any further. On replacing the old disk everything was fine again.

I have read rumors that AC-AK might be too large a jump to update, does anyone know if this is the case?? if so does anyone have a disk somewhere in the middle I could purchase/borrow as a stepping stone to update.

Mark
have you tried loading it more than once?
some times nav disc in general dont take the first time around, but usually there isnt an issue.
Seeing that i once started with AE(think thats what i had when i bought it), [currently on AK now] but in my updating history, i've seen it a couple times but 2nd time through worked like a charm. PM if you need further assistance on the nav

·
Registered
46 Posts

Mark
i just updated my 06 300C from AC to AK, no problem.

when i replaced the Nav DVD with the new AK version, i got a green upgrade "progress bar", and a message to not turn off the ignition until done.

i would clean the AK DVD and try again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have an '07 C with the factory nav DVD. if I upgrade to the AK, will the screen change? I drove a new 300C with nav and it was a lot more impressive than mine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have an '07 C with the factory nav DVD. if I upgrade to the AK, will the screen change? I drove a new 300C with nav and it was a lot more impressive than mine.
no interface change, so will still look the same - only difference are the updates to maps/ listings in the database

·
Registered
22 Posts
So for a BIG pocket full of change, all I get is a few new dirt roads in Montana.
The current Nav unit now shows me parked in my neighbors garage and he's almost a 1/4 mile away. My $100 Garmin unit tracks me better.
I guess I'll save my money and put it towards some performance mods.

Daryl

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know were I can get the NAV disc to upload it to my unit? I have an 06' 300 and got it without the NAV disc. Also, what version should i get? Or can I look for the latest version compatible with my 06?

Thanks for any help.

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
938 Posts
Does anyone know were I can get the NAV disc to upload it to my unit? I have an 06' 300 and got it without the NAV disc. Also, what version should i get? Or can I look for the latest version compatible with my 06?

Thanks for any help.
Roadway map update discs for Chrysler vehicle navigation systems (including those with Garmin navigation) are available for direct purchase on the NAVTEQ website: NAVTEQ Maps ? Buy the latest map update for your GPS navigation

If the correct model/year is not listed on the NAVTEQ website, register on the NAVTEQ website to receive notification "Alerts" when roadway updates become available.

Or contact Navteq directly at:

1-866-4NAVTEQ (866-462-8837)
8:00am - 6:00pm Central time zone

121 - 140 of 161 Posts