Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
141 - 160 of 161 Posts

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old post, but..........

Hi Guys,

Still reviewing post after post after post :fing02: Loving the site.

My question is how can I work out what version I have (2010, 300C) and what do I need to purchase to get Australian maps up to pace? I feel the NAV software only dates to 2006 or 2008 but I really would love to get the mapping up to today’s level so I don’t have to use my Tom Tom as it looks a bit out of place in the car :biggrin:

I did head on over to the NAVTEQ website, however was unable to locate what I needed.

On a side note we picked up our 300C from the dealership, it was registered to that dealership however upon reviewing all the information, our log book was entered as us being the first owners, we purchased the vehicle Jan 2012 even tho and the log book makes note the warranty commences the date we purchased this vehicle and we’re listed as the new car owners.

Would this than mean the warranty would be form Jan 2012 to Jan 2017?

The vehicle is a 2010, 300C and would have been first registered to the dealership around June 2010 which would normally mean a three year warranty from this date would be June 2013. So may question would be when does the warranty finish officially and how would it stack up in a court of law?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, I'm on the hunt to upgrade my Nav disk ("fixed" 05064033AE), any recommended sources?
It's ok to pm me.
Much thanks :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
successful map update

I just got the new map update it came on SD card and had adaptor. There were 2 SD cards. ONE had the Uconnect update the other the map update.

YOU must know unit ID and do uconnect update first. IMPORTANT this must all be down powered up. My error use acc power then got out opened door all stop and had to start over

I found fill tank run engine. DO Uconnect update first. Then do map update as instructed. However (nuts to garmin) with engine running
system in middle of update you have to go to Garmin update site to activate map by entering unit Id, access code and map unlock code so Garmin can issue you a 25 digit code for you to manuall enter at the only one screen where it can be done. Once again my error made a one letter error then had to restart. Finally had wife sit in car and read all 25 letters while I entered and checked. Then code accepted and finally there was a 2 HR time needed to update so I drove out of town to visit local airport worked on my plane left car running then drove home. I also had to stop put in 10 gal gas with engine running so I would have enough gas. Finally 2+ hrs later got home and I won the battle when Map successfully installed showed on screen and today all is well But what a PITA to do that update, but my update was original no knock off direct Chrysler order so it did work. Sorry if you buy knock off and try because so much work to get the OEM to work if there is any error I can't even begin to tell you about the night mare. I wish you the best mine works after 4 hr total hrs of entering multiple codes. CAPS make a difference or Garmin site won't accept your data. :eeksurprise:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any Chance of getting a test copy of a Nav disc, mine has the disc read error, and I dont have capability to make a dual layer copy of my disc. my computer won't recognize the disc, even with the recording software. It is also scratched. I just want a test disc to make sure it's the disc, and not the head unit. Don't want to spend money on one to find out it's the other.

Have tried talking to a few local owners to see if can just borrow to test, they kinda freak out and get all awkward.
Again, I'm happy to pay the cost of the disc, and shipping, etc... I just want to know, if it's the head unit, i'll just to aftermarket.
I love all the goodies that come in the OEM head unit, so I'm hoping it's just a disc!

I've checked ebay, amazon, classifieds, etc..... Would rather spend $30 on a test copy, than waste $100 that i could've spent on the new head unit.

Thanks for reading, and thanks even more if you can help. You can PM if easier.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I really don't know what you might buy from eBay. Buyer beware.

Many will claim correct but once you get it it may not work or be current.

I ordered mine from Chrysler paid the full bull price and it still took about 3 hrs. for me to do the install with factory parts.

Don't' know what would happen if you bought elsewhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I appreciate your input, But keep in mind. I don't want to do an install, or upgrade, or anything, I just want to see if the disc read error disappears. This is mainly to check the Unit to see if it's the Unit is bad, or if my disc is damaged. If it's the Disc, then I will gladly go to dodge and by the newest updated disc to use. But I don't want to spend $180, to then find out I need an $895 head unit. Then I will have wasted $180 i could've put towards the head unit!

In your 2012, don't you have a Mygig or RB5 Headunit? My 2012 challenger R/T has the RHB 430N radio, and I know it's completely different.

My 2006 300c has the REC Model, which uses a Navteq software disc.

I also read In 2012, Garmin switched over to using Navteq Maps.

And Again,I don't want to do an install, or upgrade, or anything, I just want to see if the disc read error disappears using an old disc, or a TEST COPY of one.

·
Administrator
14,583 Posts
I appreciate your input, But keep in mind. I don't want to do an install, or upgrade, or anything, I just want to see if the disc read error disappears. This is mainly to check the Unit to see if it's the Unit is bad, or if my disc is damaged. If it's the Disc, then I will gladly go to dodge and by the newest updated disc to use. But I don't want to spend $180, to then find out I need an $895 head unit. Then I will have wasted $180 i could've put towards the head unit!

In your 2012, don't you have a Mygig or RB5 Headunit? My 2012 challenger R/T has the RHB 430N radio, and I know it's completely different.

My 2006 300c has the REC Model, which uses a Navteq software disc.

I also read In 2012, Garmin switched over to using Navteq Maps.

And Again,I don't want to do an install, or upgrade, or anything, I just want to see if the disc read error disappears using an old disc, or a TEST COPY of one.
If you're sincere about just wanting to test a disk I'm sure from the 10's of thousands of 2005 - 2007 Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep vehicles in your area that use the REC head unit it isn't that hard to find someone willing to let you test it. Start at a used car dealer. No one's going to freak out if you explain what you want to do. The way this is coming across is you're disk begging in a creative way and being as selling nav disks is illegal it's against our rules.

Bernie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting

If you're sincere about just wanting to test a disk I'm sure from the 10's of thousands of 2005 - 2007 Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep vehicles in your area that use the REC head unit it isn't that hard to find someone willing to let you test it. Start at a used car dealer. No one's going to freak out if you explain what you want to do. The way this is coming across is you're disk begging in a creative way and being as selling nav disks is illegal it's against our rules.

Bernie
Thanks for the Idea of the used car dealers, hadn't thought of that! That I will try. But you'd be amazed how many have 86'd the OEM unit for aftermarket, and sub woofer capability?
Asking someone to borrow their existing disk is awkward when your over 6ft, 350lb, scruffy, tattoo'd, shaved head, goatee'd guy asking a 70+yr old couple to please remove the disc from their radio, which they don't even know where it's located. And no one is comfortable thinking my radio may scratch or screw up their disc. I Don't know anyone else who owns one, but I'm excited to get everything Working.

As far as your perception of all this, unfortunately, that is your perception. I guess when you think like that, you would read it that way. Fortunately, for myself, I don't think like that, and that wasn't my game plan as I explained.
I do find it funny though, how you bring this forward and are kind of implying ill will on my part, yet you have multiple threads explaining how to Hack, and copy, and mod parts. Some of those procedures are illegal, and violate D.O.T regulations, and laws in certain states. That's kind of a interesting, don't you think?

But that's cool, I'll move on.

·
Registered
09/12 300c CRD Luxury
8 Posts
Hi I'm Mark, new member from Qld, Australia, already posted in the Ausie/NZ section.
I have a 9/2012 300c Lux. CRD, great car 44+mpg on along run owned for approx. 4 years.

Recently I flashed my Chrysler 300c with Garmin software from NavPro Australia successfully, (or thought I did), with everything going smoothly. However, when using the navigator it would continually cut out, loose its way and be offline repeatedly. After not having to use it for several months, I tried to use it a couple of weeks ago and it failed to start. It would go to the startup screen and then go to the next Garmin screen and repeat the cycle over and over never actually moving on to the navigator selection screen and therefore maps.
I thought that I may be able to repair the install by reflashing my unit, but alas that doesn’t work.

I have also done a hard reset, but this has not resolved the problem and my GPS continues to cycle between the first two garmin start-up screens.
Does anyone have a resolution to this problem or if no resolution is available can someone recommend a replacement head unit.

TIA, Mark

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I never had this problem in my 2012 because I had the RA2 (no nav). ;) But I will speculate anyhow.

It appears this is a software problem. If you could flash it back to the last working version, that should fix it. I do not know if you have access to a prior version. IIRC there was a radio image, and a Garmin image, and a map update. Perhaps there was some incompatibility with your new map and NavPro could make it right.

·
Registered
09/12 300c CRD Luxury
8 Posts
Hi TheKrell,
Thanks for the reply. The only way of possibly flashing back to the previous version would be to take it to a Chrysler dealer and have them flash it back to the previous version as I certainly
don't have access to this and the possibility of them still having this version of the software is slim after 9 years!

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Thanks for the reply. The only way of possibly flashing back to the previous version would be to take it to a Chrysler dealer and have them flash it back to the previous version as I certainly
don't have access to this and the possibility of them still having this version of the software is slim after 9 years!
I did not understand that the software was now 9 years old. That implies that your car's Uconnect system was never updated even once! I started an EPIC FAIL thread on the issues I saw in my 2012, and my #1 fail was not providing any new updates at all for... Ah... I think it was 3 or 4 years. Then they released several updates which might have done something, but fixed NONE of the bugs I had identified. :mad:

So, if the software hasn't been updated in that long, then how about the maps? I think your map update has some incompatible/corrupted maps, and you should pester NavPro until they give you one that works right.

·
Registered
09/12 300c CRD Luxury
8 Posts
Ah my bad, didn't explain that very well, I was referring to the maps, not the unit software. Just been on the Chrysler website and downloaded the 2 updates
for my 8.4n unit and will install them and see what happens.

·
Registered
09/12 300c CRD Luxury
8 Posts
Well no go, I get the same error code as when I tried the reflash my map update - 0x31A0, does this mean anything to anyone?

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Is there any physical difference between the head unit installed in 2012 and 2013 model?
No, but I think I see where you're going. I believe the buses are the same.

Before I lost a NAS drive, I had copies of all the software for all the 2011-2014 radios. The 2012 radios had much bigger firmware than 2011. The 2013 and 2014 were the same and bigger still. I never saw it, but the navigation display was reputedly much more 3D than the earlier radios. And the best part is all radios are compatible with all years. So, if you have to, you could replace you radio with one from a 2013.

141 - 160 of 161 Posts