Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I have done just 22ks and need to replace my rear tyres already. I took it to City Chrysler in Melb and they said they could not see anything wrong, it must be the way I drive! I don't drive that hard that they should have only lasted 22k!

Anyway, does anyone have 1 or 2 18 inch tryes they need to get rid of? Will also look at taking a set of 4 if someone is looking to get rid of a full set.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
It happened to few other members' Hemi, excess wear on tyres. There are quite a few new members joined up from Victoria lately, hope someone has a set of original tyre/wheel for sale, I got a brand new set not long ago for a very good price - $1000

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
AnuBoy, what pressure are you running in them?
I'd also strongly suggest having a wheel alignment carried out when the tyres are replaced.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LE300, I run them at 36psi and reglarly check the on-screen typre pressure monitor - keep it at 2.2.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have some SRT 20" 4 0ff. 17k done on them (1000k with supercharger:pat: )
Phil maybe able to answer if they will fit?

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Unfortunately not Richard, they lightly rub on the upper control arm if i remember correctly. (definately rub anyway) You *could* try & fit some thin wheel spacers but wouldn't recommend it.

36psi shouldn't be cause for the wear. We tend to run them at 38psi, & Tony in our tyre department sets up the alignment figures a little different than originally specified.

Without looking at the car, i'd say the suspension has just settled as per normal with any new vehicle. This has occurred around the first service mark, & is always good to have the vehicle re-aligned at this point.
You could speculate as to whether the servicing dealer should have reported this, but each & every vehicle is different.

I'd be putting two new ones on the front, rotate current fronts to the rear.
A good alignment & enjoy trouble-free motoring for the next ~ 40,000 ~ :fing02:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got a set from WOZZA, thanks everyone.

LE - Thanks for the info. Will I be able to get them fitted at Northen?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Got a set from WOZZA, thanks everyone.

LE - Thanks for the info. Will I be able to get them fitted at Northen?
I have never seen tyres as bald as yours at only 22k ,they were slicks
I was good to meet you and your family and hope to see you all at the next M&G

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
AnuBoy, you are more than welcome to have them fitted at NMG.
Send Chris ( "NMG" ) a pm, or give us a call on 9466 5899 & you can arrange a time that suits you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts