Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost my ignition key the other day, i did not know how the alarm worked on the new 06 300C, but i do now. I used my hidden door key to gain access to the vehicle the alarm sounded for quiet a while before re-arming itself. Are there any good places on the net to purchase a factory ignition key for the 300C? After returning home and getting my other switch key, i received a call that my other key had been found. I'm still thinking about getting another key.
:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Don't show or tell the finder where you live.

Jimmy said:
I lost my ignition key the other day, i did not know how the alarm worked on the new 06 300C, but i do now. I used my hidden door key to gain access to the vehicle the alarm sounded for quiet a while before re-arming itself. Are there any good places on the net to purchase a factory ignition key for the 300C? After returning home and getting my other switch key, i received a call that my other key had been found. I'm still thinking about getting another key.

Jimmy, Make sure you meet the person somewhere other than the location of your ride just to protect yourself. This person could be trying to hunt down the car to take it later on. Also, FYI, if you everlost your wallet and someone calls you that it was found and for you to pick it up. That person could be delaying you to report your credit cards stolen. While you're waiting for your cards to be givin back. They're buying everthing they could before you realize that you got "punked".

Bye the way, that "hidden door key", is it just the key to the car w/o the buttons and how do I get one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought a new mopar key for my chrysler 300c from Ebay (mine was Item number: 7967144090 if u wanna look it up) for $40 plus $5 shipping, hell of a deal. My dealer cut the key for me for free, then charged me to "program" it into the car, but the instructions on how to do this are on the net. They only charged me $40 for the programming, still than a new key from the dealer, but I could have programmed it my self :( Hope it helps. --vpn

·
Registered
56 Posts
vpnman said:
Bought a new mopar key for my chrysler 300c from Ebay (mine was Item number: 7967144090 if u wanna look it up) for $40 plus $5 shipping, hell of a deal. My dealer cut the key for me for free, then charged me to "program" it into the car, but the instructions on how to do this are on the net. They only charged me $40 for the programming, still than a new key from the dealer, but I could have programmed it my self :( Hope it helps. --vpn
Thanks for the info...I had an 'incident' and I had to replace both keys. I paid the dealer a hefty 260.00! (That didn't include the towing charge of 75.00) :mad:

·
Registered
252 Posts
i just got my C the other day it was preowned, only had 1800 miles on it. there was only one key. when i asked them for another one thye first quoted me there so-called cost which was $150.00 after to talking to someone who knew what they were talking at the dealership, he said i could get it for there "internal" price which he said was like $115.00 so i have to decide whether i want to pay that price or now

·
Registered
448 Posts
urbanchemist said:
i just got my C the other day it was preowned, only had 1800 miles on it. there was only one key.
There is a way to ensure that the missing key will not work with your car. See page 14 of owner's manual.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Call or e-mail Ted at Mopar Super Center. They are not only a sponsor, but I promise you they will have the best prices. My local dealer quoted me $140 before tax as the best price they could do for a set of front brake pads for my -4. Ted got them for me for $110 shipped to my door.

Of course, you will have to deal with them or some other dealer to have the key "taught" to your car, but that should only be about $40 for 1/2 hour labor, even though the process takes only 5 minutes or less, most places have a minimum 1/2 hour charge.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tegory=40016&sspagename=WD1V#ebayphotohosting

·
Registered
917 Posts
Net Programming Instructions?

vpnman said:
Hi. Where on the net are the key programming instructions? Thanks, regards, Bob.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Donno about key programming instructions available on the net, but they are in the owner's manual. It's quite detailed, you can certainly do it yourself.

·
Registered
563 Posts
But note that it does require both factory keys. If you dont have them, your outta luck. Unless your in NJ, in whic case I know a small reputable outfit that has a DRBIII.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Jimmy said:
What "hidden door key"? We just got two transmitter keys when we took delivery. We asked about an extra non-transmitter key and the dealer said there was none.

·
Registered
16 Posts
artichoke said:
What "hidden door key"? We just got two transmitter keys when we took delivery. We asked about an extra non-transmitter key and the dealer said there was none.
I only got 2 master keys with my 300C SRT8 and dealer said there was no wallet key or transponder. Owners manual references a PIN for the keys which dealer should provide when purchased. I had to call them for the PIN which they provided, and they said they kept PINs in their computer in case customer needed a re-issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts