Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get some advice about cleaning and detailing under the hood.
Is it ok to pressure clean engine (cold)? With engine cover removed!
What chemicals are out here which are save for components?
Thx for any advice
Gary

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
greedyk said:
I would like to get some advice about cleaning and detailing under the hood.
Is it ok to pressure clean engine (cold)? With engine cover removed!
What chemicals are out here which are save for components?
Thx for any advice
Gary

I've always used Simple Green or Castol Super Clean and just a regular garden hose spray nozzle. If you keep it clean then there should be no need for harsh degreasers and high pressure. Just make sure you don't spray cold water on a hot engine - that could crack an exhaust manifold or worse. Other than that you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys!
I am going to give it a try this weekend.
Gary

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I don't cover anything that's why I blow dry the motor after I wash it down. I've used this method for the past 18 month and have done several other LX vehicles. Here is a before and after this motor hads 19,000 miles on it.

FireMedic23 said:
Since i'm here i might as well ask....which part do you cover up and avoid getting wet?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just a lil more advice, keep the chemicals OUT of the alternator as it will cause it to fail prematurely. Also at Wal Mart in the auto section they sale stuff called Pig Spit. It's in a spray can and you can spray anything metal, plastic, whatever, and it will make all the plastic like the airbox, cowl vent, etc.. shine awesome. Just spray it on and let it dry for a little while then whallla, it last for weeks. Good luck!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Possible.
Could be any number of things though. Water in sparkplug hole, water in a wire connector, intake gasket, etc.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would pull the coils and plug wires to find where the water is.
It may dry on it's own.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts