Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need some opinions or maybe a slap back to reality! Here it goes. I found a 2007 Chrysler 300c SRT selling for $31,999. The car is mint, never titled and the best yet, has only 1,168 miles. It is silver and the only downside is that it is the base SRT without any of the option groups. The only problem is that I need to 'get rid' of my 2007 300c and have a payoff of $25,800 . I can't afford to gamble and buy the SRT and hope I sell the 300c, so a trade is what I'm was left with. I would also save on taxes. I only owe $25,800 and they will only give me around 22-23k for my car:yuck: . They have to 'buy' my car for what they would get it at auction price and I know that I am not upside down and will take a loss. I really want the SRT and my bank is going to give me the loan but I can't be Jacked like that. If I wait till I sell my car via private party, the SRT will be long gone. Does ANYbody have good advice on what I showed do???? They won't haggle any further on the price of the SRT, which I know is already a good deal.:pat:

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
I can't give you advice on US prices of cars, but there's plenty of SRT8's around these days. The dealer is giving you a wholesale price for your car of course, so that's where you're getting hit. Nothing you can do about that IMO.

If I were you I'd sell my car privately and then go looking for your SRT8.

Bernie

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response Bernie. Just hate to let this deal break because of a trade.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Id say sell try to sell yours first. I just purchased 07 srt8 fully loaded all options with 7k miles for $32,500 plus tax of course. it was exactly what i wanted and looks brand new

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
go back to the dealer.
tell them you have thought about the deal.

tell them what you want for your car.

tell them what you want to pay for the SRT8.

you have thought about this and you should NOT settle for what you dont want. there are plenty of SRTs to come. at that price or different.

if they say they cant give you what you want and they drop you 2-3K on your trade, this is when you say:
"thank you for your time but i cannot agree to those terms"

shake his/her hand and leave.

if they really want to sell you the car they will stop you at the front door or the salesman will call you the next day.

you do not have to have THAT SRT.

car dealers make their millions by calling their customers bluff.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I ran into a similar situation with my car. Went to look at an SRT and thought I already knew what I could get for my car and could negotiate down to on the SRT. After spending about 2 hours at the dealer we were $1500 and they weren't going any further so I walked out. This was on a Saturday, they called me Monday morning to see if I had changed my mind and I told them no. He then checked with his "manager" and called me an hour later and said they couldn't do any better. A week later I found another car with the financing terms I was looking for a pulled the trigger.

Stick to your figures and don't let them talk you into paying more than what you are willing. It may take some more time or you may have to expand your search area but the car you want is out there for the price you want to pay.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Got mine through my dad hes an auto broker 28,500 out the door (17,000 miles) I think I did good SRT option 1.... :) I love auctions

1 - 7 of 7 Posts