Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of rims that came of an Range Rover. They are dubs and really nice so I want to put them on my 2005 Chrysler 300. Here are the specifics of the rim:

Bolt Pattern: 5x120
Center Bore: 72.5
Hardware:14x1.50 Lug
Offset: 30-45mm
22x9.5

I have contacted a company that will do adapters and spacers to change the bolt pattern from 5x120 to 5x115. The size of the tires are 285/30/22. The tires seems too big, but maybe keep two for the back and down size the front to 265/30/22. I guess the question is "Is this at all possible, will it work or will I just waste my money trying." Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm not sure about the offset but adapters and spacers are usually bad news. I wouldn't do it.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Wrong bolt spacing... plus that offset is wrong, unless you have an AWD....

too much out of spec IMO to consider putting them on the car.. I'd search for the correct ones....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
??????

So you should never use adapters....

What do you mean by offset is totally wrong....even if I wanted to your saying that they want fit at all even with adapters....sorry for being so stupid about this, but it is a learning game for me and thanks for the replies....

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I have a set of rims that came of an Range Rover. They are dubs and really nice so I want to put them on my 2005 Chrysler 300. Here are the specifics of the rim:

Bolt Pattern: 5x120
Center Bore: 72.5
Hardware:14x1.50 Lug
Offset: 30-45mm
22x9.5

I have contacted a company that will do adapters and spacers to change the bolt pattern from 5x120 to 5x115. The size of the tires are 285/30/22. The tires seems too big, but maybe keep two for the back and down size the front to 265/30/22. I guess the question is "Is this at all possible, will it work or will I just waste my money trying." Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Why is there a offset range 30-45mm? I should be one number, not a range.

Our stock offset is 18mm, although I think 22mm to 25mm might be possible. Assuming the best case scenario of 30mm, you will need at least a 5mm spacer. 5mm is pushing the envelope IMO, and anything more than 5mm is asking for problems.

There are just too many things wrong with these wheels. You could probably find the same wheels with the correct fitment for around $1500.

Regarding offset, the higher the number the more the wheel will tuck inside the wheel well.
The lower the number the more the wheel will protrude outside the wheel well.
Here is a site that visually shows this.
Wheel / tire size calculator / comparer - BIGCUSTOMWHEELS

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now I see what you guys are saying....I have definitely learned something today on wheels. I guess I will not try to adapt these wheels on my car...sounds like it might cause some trouble in the future. Thanks for the replies and the knowledge given. Great forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts