Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I had the new tires put on the car, I've had a bit of vibration from what I'm almost certain is the front left wheel at ~65mph. Because of this, and because there's a tiny bit of lead to the right, I'm planning on getting a balance job (and maybe alignment) done.

However, knowing what a PAIN IN THE BUTT it is to get it done at the right place (dealers charge too much and many tire shops are terrible), I thought I'd ask you guys for suggestions - as you may already know I'm in Vallejo, strange place indeed - so if any other Bay Area folks could give me a suggestion for a dealer/tire shop/wheel place that has good equipment (AND employees) - and maybe good prices, I'd love it.
:arms:

Danke.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ever since I had the new tires put on the car, I've had a bit of vibration from what I'm almost certain is the front left wheel at ~65mph. Because of this, and because there's a tiny bit of lead to the right, I'm planning on getting a balance job (and maybe alignment) done.

However, knowing what a PAIN IN THE BUTT it is to get it done at the right place (dealers charge too much and many tire shops are terrible), I thought I'd ask you guys for suggestions - as you may already know I'm in Vallejo, strange place indeed - so if any other Bay Area folks could give me a suggestion for a dealer/tire shop/wheel place that has good equipment (AND employees) - and maybe good prices, I'd love it.
:arms:

Danke.
I'm not a forum entry expert yet see posting below.....BDMCP

·
Registered
66 Posts
Toscallito Tire did a great job for me....they just moved from the old location to the building behind the former Team Chevrolet by the corner of Redwood and Sonoma....

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting, I'll have to call them, would be nice, but I remember when they couldn't help me at all searching for tires ;)

Oh well, better than the BigO that used to be down the street from them, they wanted $185 per conti CH95 installed. o_O

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Not sure if Hayward is too far to go, but I have taken my car to Larry's Tires Express in Hayward at least 4 times.
Larry's Tire Express

The shop has about 5 employees and Juan is the guy that always works on my car.
Juan has done at least 3 alignments, reinstalled my front KWv2 coilovers springs, replaced my hotchkis sway bar bushings, and quickly found and fixed a clunking noise due to a loose upper control arm.

Juan is laid back and will let you hang out and watch while he does the alignment or suspension work. I trust everyone at the shop.
They are really flexible about fitting you in so you can wait for your car.

But I also have a right lead problem and Juan spent quit awhile on the alignment machine showing me all the alignment readings while he was making adjustments. Unfortunately an alignment doesn't fix my light/moderate right lead. I wasn't ready to take the next step and pay for a cradle adjustment. I am not sure if Juan has done it before, so maybe a Chrysler dealer would be the best bet for a cradle adjustment.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Interesting, I'll have to call them, would be nice, but I remember when they couldn't help me at all searching for tires ;)

Oh well, better than the BigO that used to be down the street from them, they wanted $185 per conti CH95 installed. o_O
I bought my 2006 300C with 5200 miles on it...the previous owner had already installed 22" rims, Bently grill, etc. I am no expert or hardly even a qualified novice with issues reagrding the car.....but I noticed I shimmy at approx. 60 miles an hour that went away at 65 MPH. I was referred to Toscalito Tire...they have this quite elaborate machine with laser beams and a "down force" something....anyway when they were done the shimmy was gone.....

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I will call em tomorrow :) LOL I'll probably have to go in person to prove my wheels are OEM (they're the 18s ;)) but that sounds good.

any other suggestions? :)

Oh yah, and what does this sorta stuff normally run ya guys? It'd help to know ^_^

Last thing: BDM you're from around here huh?! 300C? Nice. There aren't enough of those in town - mostly V6s, which is cool.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I will call em tomorrow :) LOL I'll probably have to go in person to prove my wheels are OEM (they're the 18s ;)) but that sounds good.

any other suggestions? :)

Oh yah, and what does this sorta stuff normally run ya guys? It'd help to know ^_^

Last thing: BDM you're from around here huh?! 300C? Nice. There aren't enough of those in town - mostly V6s, which is cool.
Got out of the Navy here in 1971....I had been on the USS Hawkbill SSN666.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts