Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again,

I was hoping someone could assist me in ascertaining headlight and fog light bulbs.

Headlight are non HID and I only need low beam. I was tool it was 9006, but I am not sure.

I plan on replacing the headlights with aftermarket HID and my shop needs to knwo the bulb number.

Thanks,

-Paul

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I know the fogs are H10, I just did mine, see the thread on this one "Before/after Nokya". HID is much more difficult with the resistive eletrical system. I still have not seen anyone post a successful and satisfied result with aftmkt HID in this car. Maybe you could pose a new thread asking this, I know a number of members were frustrated a few months ago.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Let me write the Lighting FAQ for you today. The quick answer regarding your HID? Not without splicing into the sidemarker lighting harness, and blinding oncoming traffic.

The Halogen Projectors are not designed for a HID bulb, you may have stray light all over the place. I will go into further detail in the FAQ.

Give me till the end of today.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! I will look forward to HID faq.

What about retrofit of OEM HID's into the 300C, are there any available at reasonable prices and how hard is that?

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Low beam is the hard to find 9006XS. It is not the more common 9006. It will be difficult or impossible finding a 9006XS based HID retrofit kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts