Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a base 2.7L and just upgraded to a rear bumper with the dual exhaust. I want to run a catback system with a decent growl, not something super loud. Now I know I dont have the v-8 but something that is subtle and sounds nice. I have been searching the internet and there are soo many syetms out there, can anyone point me in the right direction, or better yet someone that has a 2.7L that has done their exhaust would be an awesome help here.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I had a Borla Touring catback on my 2011 300 3.6L V6 and it sounded great. Only a little louder than stock. It also converted the exhaust from a single with split tips into a true dual exhaust. Borla is a top of the line system so you will pay top dollar for it. Same with Corsa. But you do get a lifetime warrantee with it. I'm sure that there are other less expensive systems that will work. One thing to keep in mind whichever way you go. 2010 and older V6 300s came with a single exhaust cutout in the bumper. Since you have replaced your bumper with a dual cutout bumper, when you shop for catback systems you will probably have to go with one for a Dodge Charger.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I am not looking to break the bank here, just something that sounds nice, I did look at blastin Bob kits. It looks like they just use the single muffler that I already have, so I dont need to get another muffler and run two pipes. And the kit goes from the single muffler and creates the dual exhaust look. It sounds pretty good also, has anyone done this yet on here and how was your expierence with it?

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
I've seen the BB system on several vehicles here and it looks pretty good and sounds good too. the owners I've met with them seemed very happy with the kit.

There are a few kits and each one has a different dB level so you'll want to pick one that works for you.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So I got it put on friday and am very pleased with it. It has a growl for the smaller v-6, but no real drone inside while driving. It runs right off the single muffler so no need to get another one, plus a new firewall. Here is a pic of it on with my new back bumper I got painted. Now all I need to is to do the front haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts