Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cool: Hey Guys although i just joined today i have been looking at this site for well over 6 months now toiling on getting a 300c. I have finally made my decision and am going to be getting one but need some hlp from you guys. I know some people here are talking about friends and family and employee discounts and wanted to know how i could get this (i'm 26 and his will be the BIGGEST expense for me but I gotta have one). also is there any other promos that i would be able to use? If i put down a deposit for an order for a AWD do i get the discounts being offered now or when the car comes in? when are they starting to make the 06's and how can i find out if i will get one or not? I live in North NJ, is there any special charges that will be added to may area (I know that CA has some regulations but dont know if NJ does). I just wanted to add that this is a great forum with a great comunity, i have an old camaro and this is just as good as those forums. any other input would be gratefull. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,564 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I don't know anything about the friends and family and employee discounts.
Someone else will need to pipe-in on this question.

The only promo I know of is the $1,000 credit if you finance with Chrysler. I used the credit and then paid my car off in full. There is no prepayment penalty.

I could be wrong, but I believe you only get the promos/incentives that are active when your car arrives, not when you order. That can be good/bad, depending on the promos/incentives when your car arrives.
One downside is if there is a price increase while you are waiting for your car. Technically you are required to pay the higher price. But a lot of dealers won't force you to pay the increase. Mine did/tried.

Don't know when the 2006 models will start to be built. My guess sometime in April/May.

Don't know about Jersey fees. I live in CA.

Good luck on your car search!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
I was told their was a four month pre payment penalty on the Chrysler financing when I bought my car. They would not give me anything in writing regarding the four months or what the penalty was.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
dkals said:
I was told their was a four month pre payment penalty on the Chrysler financing when I bought my car. They would not give me anything in writing regarding the four months or what the penalty was.
My dealer told me there was a 1 year pre-payment penalty. I paid it off when the first statement arrived and was never charged any pre-payment penalty. They're just blowing smoke.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
629 Posts
The dealers don't want you to pre-pay prior to 90-180 days because they get charged back the incentive of $1,000. the penalty is on the dealer, not the consumer.
And Taco, I live in Toms River and got my C way back in May for under sticker and there are no charges other than sales tax and DMV fees.
Save your money, put down as much as you can, get the best loan possible and go for it! Talk to your insurance agent...The 300C is reasonable but still pricey...I'm 29 with a clean record, so we should be similar rates. PM me for details if you like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
joey said:
Welcome to the forum!

I don't know anything about the friends and family and employee discounts.
Someone else will need to pipe-in on this question.

The only promo I know of is the $1,000 credit if you finance with Chrysler. I used the credit and then paid my car off in full. There is no prepayment penalty.

I could be wrong, but I believe you only get the promos/incentives that are active when your car arrives, not when you order. That can be good/bad, depending on the promos/incentives when your car arrives.
One downside is if there is a price increase while you are waiting for your car. Technically you are required to pay the higher price. But a lot of dealers won't force you to pay the increase. Mine did/tried.

Don't know when the 2006 models will start to be built. My guess sometime in April/May.

Don't know about Jersey fees. I live in CA.

Good luck on your car search!
hmmm..i wonder if it will be a 2006 or 2005 in 2005. my guess it will be called a 2005 model.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
JonW...U DOG! With a paid-off C, I bet it seems to drive better on the first of each new month! I don't know whether to hate you or envy you??? :D

Hey, what about another gathering in Jan or Feb? Toothdoc, R U in?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
05Hemi said:
JonW...U DOG! With a paid-off C, I bet it seems to drive better on the first of each new month! I don't know whether to hate you or envy you??? :D
Hey, what about another gathering in Jan or Feb? Toothdoc, R U in?
I'm up for another gathering. I'm sure we could easily double or triple the attendance now. I'd rather do February or late January as I'm going to be out of town early January.

I'll be honest with you on the payoff - I might have the title, but I put $25K on my HELOC. Much better interest rate and tax deductible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
JonW said:
My dealer told me there was a 1 year pre-payment penalty. I paid it off when the first statement arrived and was never charged any pre-payment penalty. They're just blowing smoke.
I prepayed mine as soon as I got my first first statement payed about 11 days interest no penalty as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
JonW, let's shoot for Feb. That will give us more time to get the word out on the arrangements and try to draw in some sponsors. Keep me posted on how I can help.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top