Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister in law just recently bought a 300C. She had a CIA installed, after which I explained she needed to get a performance catback system. She balked, not wanting a loud exhaust, hence my previous post asking for suggestions on the quietest catback on the market. Now she wants a Predator tuner, again I explained to her she needed to get a catback in conjunction with the Predator. She seems to be considering it, but you know how wives or sister in laws can be, dont want to listen hubby or his big bro. Any technical ammo to help sway her would be appreciated!

Thanks,
PastorC

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
My sister in law just recently bought a 300C. She had a CIA installed, after which I explained she needed to get a performance catback system. She balked, not wanting a loud exhaust, hence my previous post asking for suggestions on the quietest catback on the market. Now she wants a Predator tuner, again I explained to her she needed to get a catback in conjunction with the Predator. She seems to be considering it, but you know how wives or sister in laws can be, dont want to listen hubby or his big bro. Any technical ammo to help sway her would be appreciated!

Thanks,
PastorC
For you to benefit with the Predator you really need to open up the engines breathing capabilty with a CAI and some aftermarket exhaust (I went magnaflow and got rid of the resonators). I noticed gains just from that. My Predator is on its way.

·
Registered
465 Posts
once a woman makes up her mind, there is no turning back. let her have fun with the car in her own way.

·
Registered
534 Posts
You really don't need a catback. They're more for sound then anything. Power and flow gains are minimal. To really open the exhaust flow you need to eliminate the restriction. On the 5.7, its the stock exhaust manifolds, not the stuff behind it.

·
Registered
683 Posts
You should try and convince her to get some long tube headers with high flow cats. Then keep an eye on the forum for someone looking to unload their SRT exhaust, you can get them pretty cheap, and bolt that on instead.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
pred

you should buy the Predator first.

It is capable of completely transforming the car!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
you dont need to get anything just because your getting the predator, yes its alot better when you have all the necessary bolt ons but you dont have to get them for the predator to transform your car.

unless shes my sole mate lol, not too many ladys are too concerned with speed and aspects of how the engine will perform or breathe better so chances are she wont care too much...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just cut off the resonators, i picked up hair under 20 rear wheel horsepower ( 19.9 to be exact ). No drone, nice rumble, and not too loud and far cheaper than a cat back! you wont regret it!

Attachments

·
Registered
683 Posts
Just cut off the resonators, i picked up hair under 20 rear wheel horsepower ( 19.9 to be exact ). No drone, nice rumble, and not too loud and far cheaper than a cat back! you wont regret it!
Can you explain this some more? Did you baseline it on the dyno, then do the resonator delete and put it back on the dyno with no other changes? Or was there some additional tuning involved?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tell her it may be too much for a woman to handle. That much extra power is for men only. She should buy a new exhaust within an hour is my guess! LOL

·
Registered
42 Posts
19 hp gain from res. delete? Sounds to good to be true. Tell us more!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts