Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to add a new muffler to my 07 300c. the one i have on it is stock and it has a nice little sound when i first turn it on but then it goes away pretty much instantly. i want to hear my car accelerate and i want to hear it when its idle, but i dont want to go get a million tickets for having an exhaust that is to loud. so please somebody help me find that happy medium. I also am trying to find a catch can for my car what is the best one you guys have had experiences with? Thnx in advance for any helpful tips.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Any Magnaflow or Flowmaster will most likely give you the sound you may want. That's assuming you don't want to spend money on a full cat back because then we are talking a completely different world of exhaust.
I am sure that a couple hundred bucks will give you the sound you look for.
As for the catch can... BT makes the most popular one among us LX owners. BT is Billet Technology... Check them out.They are a vendor here.
Diablosport has one as well. I know a couple members on here have them..
Ebay as the cheap ones but be forewarned... You get what you pay for.
I learned my lesson with that. Much cheaper fittings especially.. Just junk!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Administrator
13,325 Posts
you'll get nasty drone when the MDS cuts in if you take away the rear cans near the tips. Concentrate on the centre one, or go the whole hog & get a Corsa cat back which has the drone tuned-out

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,574 Posts
I'd listen to some of the sound clips here and on other sites to see what sound you like. You have a dual in/dual out single case muffler we like to call the "suitcase" and that is what you will be replacing with two single in / single out mufflers.

Here's some tips to follow:

1. Pick the sound YOU like.
2. You only need to remove/replace the muffler(s). The rest of the system flows OK.
3. You need those resonators on the back end of your system to eliminate drone.
4. A longer can muffler is quieter. Given a choice between a 14", an 18" and a 24" can, I'd pick an 18" can. It will have better sound than the longer one but won't be so loud as to chase you out of the car as the 14" can will.

Get a BT catch can. They are high quality and you will never have a problem with one.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you'll get nasty drone when the MDS cuts in if you take away the rear cans near the tips. Concentrate on the centre one, or go the whole hog & get a Corsa cat back which has the drone tuned-out
Not gonna lie bro i am not am just now learning about cars so most of that is gibberish to me lol. I know im a noob but i am trying to learn so i can do right by this BEAUTIFUL 300c i just bought a little over a month ago so please bare with me but i appreciate the help. one day ill come back to this and laugh at myself but for now im lost. :AR15firin :pat:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd listen to some of the sound clips here and on other sites to see what sound you like. You have a dual in/dual out single case muffler we like to call the "suitcase" and that is what you will be replacing with two single in / single out mufflers.

Here's some tips to follow:

1. Pick the sound YOU like.
2. You only need to remove/replace the muffler(s). The rest of the system flows OK.
3. You need those resonators on the back end of your system to eliminate drone.
4. A longer can muffler is quieter. Given a choice between a 14", an 18" and a 24" can, I'd pick an 18" can. It will have better sound than the longer one but won't be so loud as to chase you out of the car as the 14" can will.

Get a BT catch can. They are high quality and you will never have a problem with one.
Where can i sample these audio files??? and how do i access the vendors on the the website? i am following what you told me to do in my other post as well. i already purchased the 180 degree thermometer since it was not that expensive im already putting money away for the tuner and CAI i think im going to go with the LMI True because its a legit cold air intake. this is completely random but i want to change the color of my analog clock and speedometer lights (not sure what there called still learning) but is that possible and where can i get them at?

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,574 Posts
You'll find audio files of systems here under the exhaust mods section and also at the Corsa, Magnaflow, Borla and Flowmaster websites.

Not sure how you'd change out those light colors but I'm sure someone here has and will chime in.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Any suggestions.. I just want to swap the muffler and leave everything else.. im trying to decide between the flowmaster original 40 or the super 40.. Right now I have the DS tuner running the 93 octane tune and a 180 thermo. So next mods are mufflers and LMI CAI..

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any suggestions.. I just want to swap the muffler and leave everything else.. im trying to decide between the flowmaster original 40 or the super 40.. Right now I have the DS tuner running the 93 octane tune and a 180 thermo. So next mods are mufflers and LMI CAI..

HAHAHAHA thats the same mod im going for. I got the 180 Thermostat i went with these for my mufflers Buy Exhaust - Dynomax Super Turbo Direct Fit Muffler - 17662 they were cheap 40 a piece and i found a sound bite somewhere and i liked the sound of them. but if i get them and i dont like them it was only 80 bucks and ill move on. i Think im going to go with the Hammer for my Air intake and i have to save up without the wife noticing to get one of those high speed tuners i keep hearing about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts