Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I changed the spark plugs on my 05 Chrysler 300 with the 3.5 and the upper manifold had to come off. I completed it but now the EGR tube on the rear of the upper manifold is leaking. Well there is a sucking noise and if I touch it you can feel it sucking air in. This metal tube just fits into a hole on the back of the manifold. There is a blue gasket on the tube and it fits snug. There are indentations around this hole and air is coming in around those indentations. This isn’t suppose to happen right? Any thoughts on what I should do - I didn’t want to remove the manifold again. Im guessing i need to get a new one of those blue gaskets or I really have to bang it in.

Will this affect gas mileage or acceleration?

Thanks
John

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
stroked4.6, I reckon it will affect a lot of things and you might start seeing warning lights coming on, on the dash under certain conditions. I cannot visualise the tube and have never sighted a V6 installation.

You could a buy time by using a silicon sealer until you get a new gasket or remove the manifold again. :dunno:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts