Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've just installed my new SRT Max Plus cam. Took the old cam out and swapped out with the new cam. Everything was going well during the button-everything back up stage but as I went to put the rocker arms and push rods back in, they are not seating correctly. It is almost as if the pushrods are too short (I understand some 8 push rods are short, the other 8 are long). I didn't pull the heads during the cam install but I rotated the shaft twice like everyone said to do. Any advice? I really do not want to pull heads but do you guys think it's the lifters? Should I try to spin the shaft again? Need help asap

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Are you for sure in the right holes? It is possible to place them in the wrong ones, if you do they will look too short.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i'm quite sure. When I went to tighten down the seaters on the pushrods, first one pushrod seemed to be sticking up higher than the others causing the others to be loose(it flip flops from the springs and pushrods)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can take a quick video, I'm sure it would make more sense than me trying to explain.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Do they all move when you turn the motor by hand? It's so easy to put them in the oil return holes, I think most people do at least one in a swap! lol...

The holes are much higher up than you would think on the head... once you seat them you should be able to feel the cup on the lifter seating them, do you feel it? If not and it feels like you can move them within the hole then you are in the wrong hole and slipping past a lifter.

Do they move when you crank it by hand? If you are 100% sure they are in right and you still have play then you can put your foot on the floor on the gas and crank the motor, by keeping your foot on it the computer tricks the motor into not starting, this should allow the motor to build oil pressure and prime... should take 10-15 seconds... check them again for snug.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts