Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hELLO,
Thanks in advance,...I'm trying to hard wire my Valentine 1 radar detector.
This unit has already saved my speeding butt numerous times, especially here in SoCal were the dumb ass CHP's run with their radar on 50% of the time.(no offense if your are CHP and own a 300C, then your OK)
I am trying to remove the light/sunglass/garagedoor opener button panel on the ceiling in front of the sunroof...I want to see if I can tap off the light wiring, so as not to run the cord through the car...ugly!
My question is if any one has removed this...obviously I don't want to break it...so I am trying to find out the "TRICK" to getting it off...or if anyone has an official Chrysler/mopar repair manual it would/might give the description their...
Fernando

·
Registered
101 Posts
I messed with it for about 15 min or so.... Didn't get it down, I just tapped into the rear view mirror power. just be careful not to tap into the power line that shuts off when you shift into reverse. :-D

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is just a snap in. I removed mine to install a small speaker. Just pull it down and it will come of. There are only clamps on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you so smart!

Mighty max,
Thanks for the response...I to was considering those exposed wires protruding from the back of the rear view...
Thanks for the tip...which color wire worked for you?
I also need a ground.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MGD Thanks..

Alright....I will try a little harder now..
See what lurks behind the panel....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK...done wired up detector

The is a module in that area that sits on the top inside of the panel...
I believe it is for the homelink garage door control....I used the PINK wire leading to that module, it is an accessory hot...only hot when ignition is on...so the detector won't stay on if and drain battery when car is shut off....
also there is one mounting screw that I connected the ground to...
works great.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Great.... So did you just yank it down? Any tips? I might head up there again soon.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yank from the mid-sides and rear on the panel...that is where the clips are..and just pull straight down...takes a little effort, makes you feel like its gonna break...but it didn't.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Radar Detector

I noticed the powered mirror on top of the driver side visor. Now that is even closer to the detector location if one uses the visor as a location.
Has anyone tried to adapt to that power source? Seems like it could be done. I am looking to hard wire mine. Only downside would be if the Amperage level is too low at that small light.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You fine with the power on this location. The light draws more power then the radar detector itself. It is on the same circuit then all the other interior lights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts