Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo what’s good guys I’m new to the 300/V8 world I’m sunny.. I recently just got a 2010 300C and I just noticed whenever I start the car there is a puff of white smoke or steam I can’t really tell which but I live in California so it’s always sunny here which I ruled out steam but it only happens about 5/7 secs then it’s gone or when I’m revving it occasionally appears. I was told at dodge that the wrong engine oil was used after a oil pan replacement and that may be the cause of the problem but it’s really not a problem it’s just annoying whenever I start the car and see that. The car isn’t overheating I watched dodge change the oil to 5w-20 syn and the oil prior wasn’t milky or white, only thing the tech said that it was all little watery but The car was at temp by the time I got there so I don’t think he knew what he was talking about but I’m here to ask the 300 community. The smoke kind of smells like oil but I don’t know what burning fuel smells like I know the smell of burning oil(had a 07 mustang that had valve cover leak) but this is different I do have video of me starting the car and revving it
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle

·
Registered
143 Posts
That could be coolant burning off at startup. Possibly a head gasket leaking on the intake side. I think that's the only way coolant can get into the cylinders other than a cracked block, but it would be overheating and losing a lot of coolant if that was the case.

If its oil burning off........it would be leaving deposits on the tips. Take a look and see if there is any oil on them. If it's oil, then it's getting past your piston rings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts