Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I just joined so if this thread is not in the right place, I apologize. I have a stock 2010
300 Touring Executive Series.

I am suppose to go and buy 22'' Panther Groove 330c Rims tomorrow. They come with tires which are 265/35R22.

My questions are, will these fit without any modification to my car? I.E cutting the wheel well or rolling the fenders.

The guy I am buying the from said he has spacers that go with them (he had them on a 2006 300c) Do I even need these spacers? And are spacers safe?

I am about to make a 1,500 mile trip with my wife and I am also wondering if it is safe to travel long distance on the 22 inch rims and, if needed, the spacers?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

·
Premium Member
7,078 Posts
First off .. if they were on a 2006 they will fit make sure the bolt pattern is a 5x115 and that the 2006 in not an awd ,Second how big are the spacers ?and yes spacers work with our cars just fine. and there probubly for the front rims, tire size is just fine.

P.S.Welcome from Deadwood SD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off .. if they were on a 2006 they will fit make sure the bolt pattern is a 5x115 and that the 2006 in not an awd ,Second how big are the spacers ?and yes spacers work with our cars just fine. and there probubly for the front rims, tire size is just fine.

P.S.Welcome from Deadwood SD.
I actually am not sure how big the spacers are. I am not worried about the rims fitting the bolt pattern. I am worried about them rubbing when I turn the wheel. Also are 22 inch rims safe to make long road trips? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
I have logged 30K+ miles with my 22" rims and never had any issues. They will be perfectly safe for any distance of driving. The spacers are probably the 3MM spacers that some have needed to make sure the tires don't rub on the front. Same thing with the 3MM spacers, I have had them on since getting my 22s and have never had any issues. I believe you will need the spacers to keep the front tires from rubbing on the pinion bolts on the front when you make sharp turns. If nothing else, get the spacers and don't initially have them put on and see if you need them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have logged 30K+ miles with my 22" rims and never had any issues. They will be perfectly safe for any distance of driving. The spacers are probably the 3MM spacers that some have needed to make sure the tires don't rub on the front. Same thing with the 3MM spacers, I have had them on since getting my 22s and have never had any issues. I believe you will need the spacers to keep the front tires from rubbing on the pinion bolts on the front when you make sharp turns. If nothing else, get the spacers and don't initially have them put on and see if you need them.

Ok, thanks a lot for the help bro.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
No need to roll the inside of the fenders unless you plan on lowering the car. Otherwise, you'll be fine.

Check the fit of the wheels with and without the spacers, with the car on the ground and do a lock to lock steering test to check for clearance up front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts