Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I am having some issues here.

I had 22x9 wheels on my 2005 chrysler 300c and I ended up hitting a curve bending and cracking my front right passenger wheel

000.jpg

So I bought these

0001.jpg

They are also 22x9 wheels and I was able to use my original tire on it. So once I jacked up my chrysler and installed the wheel I noticed something.

0002.jpg

0003.jpg

The part labeled 2 rubs on my wheel bad. I do know that the new wheels do not fit AWD models so I called up chrysler and gave them my VIN to see if I had a AWD because I was almost 100% sure I owned a RWD

They told me that I did have a AWD but the lady on the phone didn't seem so confident giving me that answer, I guess I didn't explain my question right or she was a little confused. So I looked up my VIN online and it said it was a RWD, and then I called my local chrysler dealer and gave them my VIN and they also told me it was RWD

Here is my driver side wheel with the old rim which was not affected by the hit of the curb

0004.jpg

The bolt does not rub on the tire. So now I'm still not sure if I own a RWD or AWD model, I'm still convinced its RWD so the new wheels should fit. I assume that when I hit the curb I bent something, or maybe I bent that piece that rubs and ill have to get it replaced?

I'm sure if I drop to 20" wheels everything will be good but I already spent 900$ on these wheels and wouldn't want to drop another few hundred bucks on new tires..

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
58 Posts
If the other side fits fine, then you must of bent something. How can you not tell if it's AWD or Rwd? Look at the back of your car, See an AWD emblem? With your tire off, can you see drive axels on the front? Why the marbles would you have to call the dealership and ask them?

Put the tire on and compare to the other side. Do some measurements from wheel well ect ect.
Looks like a pretty hard hit so something moved that was not suppose to move.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I think you'll find Theone300 is correct, if that's the side you hit the gutter/kerb with then you have bent something. Silly question how about the Rim offset are they both the same old wheels and new wheels?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you'll find Theone300 is correct, if that's the side you hit the gutter/kerb with then you have bent something. Silly question how about the Rim offset are they both the same old wheels and new wheels?

No the offset are not the same the only thing that are the same is the diameter and width 22" by 9" wide

But I will remove the new tire and attach it to my driver side and see if it fits, then I'll look to see if I can figure out what exactly got bent/ moved when I hit.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
What is the offset of the old and the new wheels? Wrong offset will prevent the wheels from fitting, different offset is the difference between AWD and RWD wheel fitment.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Obviously the offset is different on these wheels than the old ones, i.e., more positive by just a small amount. That component that is rubbing can be ground down a bit without causing any issues.

It's a good question to answer...does it come that close on both sides? If not, then something is bent in the suspension.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts