Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Chrysler 300 2.7 when I start the motor sometimes it starts good and sometime it has issues too start. But when it turns on white smoke comes out the exhaust and smells like gas. When I change gear or move the steering wheel it tries to turn off or just shuts down and I get a P0300 code says Multiple misfire cylinder.

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
You have a failed spark plug, plug wire or coil pack. The P0300 code is the misfire detected. The specific cylinder that has the issue is a second code which sometimes requires a full scan to find it. For instance, if cylinder #6 plug, wire or coil was bad, the code would be P0306.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Inspect spark plugs and coils to start... do one plug at a time and do a compression check on every cylinder as you do the spark plugs. Make sure to kill the fuel system first by pulling relay or fuse that controls fuel pump. This test will test to make sure all cylinders are in good spec compression wise and also it'll tell you of your timing is off. P0300 sucks as it doesn't give you an area to start but if you know the triangle for ignition... SPARK FUEL COMPRESSION... it's not hard to find the source. I've done a few head gaskets on this motor so this is why is say to check compression while you do plugs.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I tested all the cylinder and number five stay at 0 the rest went from 150 to 175 do i have to replace the valves.Oh and the spark plugs are wet and smell gas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I did a wet compression and it when the up to 25-35 do you think the piston ring are damaged or its the valves

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
A wet test should seal the rings unless they're really badly gone. Was the car breathing hard before you found this? Can you remove the cover off the top of the engine and check for a stuck valve?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Rings might be bad or a sticky lifter or valve pulling the head is easy. Imo I'd replAce everything on that cylinder you can do it with engine still in car

·
Registered
43 Posts
Pull valve cover and rotate engine and inspect valve lift... and the lift on the push rod I can't remember if the 2.7 is a true v6 lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Okay my research shows its a dohc... meaning no push rods or lifters. So my ssumption is either bad rings or a stuck or DAMGED valve or the cam lobe is damaged. Most likely rings seeing that compression went up with a wet test... pull valve cover and inspect cams and valves

1 - 9 of 9 Posts