Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to put a charger R/T exhaust on my car, but I need to buy the exhaust shield for the gas tank for the left side of the car since there is a shield only on the right side (single exhaust on the base 300).. Bob from Blastin Bobs wont install it without the shield for liability reasons, our gas tanks are plastic! so if anyone knows someone thats selling it or where i can get one or provide me with a correct item number, i would greatly appreciate that

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
I really can't tell you which one of the shields you need from this page, but my suggestion is to have a look at the one you do have and the opposite should look similar what's in this image. From there you can find out the part number. Hope that helps.

Bernie

·
Administrator
19,626 Posts
Hey Rambit...good info. What's the process for copy/paste from adobe to the forum? I seem to be failing at that...LOLOL

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Hey Rambit...good info. What's the process for copy/paste from adobe to the forum? I seem to be failing at that...LOLOL
I use Adobe Acrobat 7 Professional and there's a camera icon in the program. You just click on the page and it copies the image to the clipboard automatically. From there I use Photoshop CS2, select "New" and the option "Clipboard". The image is sized automatically to the page dimensions and I save it as a jpg. After all that I upload to my Photobucket account. Seems convoluted, but it just won't work by pasting the image into a post. All I can say is I'm glad I took out a Photobucket Pro account.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Honestly plastic (or HDPE which is what they are technically made of) are so superior to any other material. Get the heat sheild on and you will be good to go. And you never have to worry about rust or corrosion in the tank! :)

·
Administrator
19,626 Posts
Thanx, Rambit! I thought it might be something like that. I'll try saving as a .jpg and putting it on photobucket and see how that works.

Appreciate the tip!

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Just a guess from looking at my car, I'd say the part numbers are those depicted in #3 & #4.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
i need part 10, which is $50.. 3 and 4 are only $30.. thanks for the info!
Good to know for future reference and $50 isn't all that much!

Bernie

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yep.. thanks!

Fedge told me i dont even need it.. he is running the dual C exhaust without the added shield.. he says duals should make it even cooler...

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
yep.. thanks!

Fedge told me i dont even need it.. he is running the dual C exhaust without the added shield.. he says duals should make it even cooler...
Humm, why take a chance on a $50 part. That's what they all say just before the bang!

Bernie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts