Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have an 05 300c 5.7. I paid a shop to do the suitcase delete and I'm kind of sad at how quiet it still sounds. I just deleted the suitcase and kept the resonators because of all the threads on drone and back pressure power loss etc. I am looking for the meanest sounding setup possible. I can just barely hear the exhaust at wot with the delete as is. My options are a catback system or a resonator delete on top of the muffler delete or a resonator delete with blasting Bob's kit. I was also thinking about adding a muffler like flowmaster 44 or something (which is loudest?) And chopping the resonators. Which one of these options will get me the kind of scary volume I'm looking for? I'm tires of hearing the Honda or Subaru next to me on the freeway and I barely make a sound... And BTW, I'm ordering a diablosport tuner next check so m not terribly concerned about mds drone. Thanks in advance, and if there is a better option for LOUD I'm missing I'd love advice. Some people have said suitcase delete is loud, to me it is extremely quiet still. Thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
I started the same as you. muffler delete was ok but just not enough. I ended up also doing the blastin bob resonator delete kit. I want to say it was the second loudest I could get. And it was what I was looking for. It was pretty loud. But the loss of back pressure meant it was a pig off the line. I felt like I lost a lot of low end torque. So I ended up putting some cheap glasspacks in where the mufflers were. Now its maybe a notch above what an srt at startup is but I have some of the torque back. Here is a youtube clip of me testing the straight pipe with the Blastin Bob delete. Hope it helps.

https://youtu.be/BC6kQmJMnF4

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Which db blasting Bob's did you use? And I'm assuming you put the glass packs where the suitcase was? I'm wondering if putting glass packs or a diff muffler where the suitcase was and deleting the resonators all together would yield more sound than blasting Bob's? The back pressure is made at the suitcase/ muffler right?

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
I started the same as you. muffler delete was ok but just not enough. I ended up also doing the blastin bob resonator delete kit. I want to say it was the second loudest I could get. And it was what I was looking for. It was pretty loud. But the loss of back pressure meant it was a pig off the line. I felt like I lost a lot of low end torque. So I ended up putting some cheap glasspacks in where the mufflers were. Now its maybe a notch above what an srt at startup is but I have some of the torque back. Here is a youtube clip of me testing the straight pipe with the Blastin Bob delete. Hope it helps.

https://youtu.be/BC6kQmJMnF4
If you want loud, with no loss of torque, and plan on turning off MDS with the tuner then ^^^that^^^ is exactly what you should do. Forget a chambered muffler and go with a straight through design, such as a glasspack. Thrush, Cherry Bomb, Walker, Magnaflow and others make this style and have for years.

The Blastin' Bobs resonator delete has been a favorite for years with LX owners and is an easy way to perform the resonator delete.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would think a set of flowmaster super 10's and a reso delete would be plenty of voice. The 5.7's like some back pressure to help with the low end momentum. I personally would never sacrifice power for sound.

Reactions: Trothwell-roth

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys. So should I put in glass packs where the suitcase was and do the resonator delete with blastin Bob's or do the glass packs add enough back pressure? And if I went the flowmaster route with no resonators would that be enough pressure? I really want the torque and volume. I was really disappointed by the suitcase delete alone and don't want to leave the shop thinking it's too quiet again.

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. So should I put in glass packs where the suitcase was and do the resonator delete with blastin Bob's or do the glass packs add enough back pressure? And if I went the flowmaster route with no resonators would that be enough pressure? I really want the torque and volume. I was really disappointed by the suitcase delete alone and don't want to leave the shop thinking it's too quiet again.
It looks like there are tons of options 9n blastin Bob's site. Which are the loudest? Thanks again for the input!

Glasspacks would go where the suitcase was. So would the Flowmasters if you go that route. The Flows would provide more backpressure and thereby a bit more torque than the glasspacks.

Regarding the Blastin Bob's kits, you have two choices that would be the loudest:

1. 300X4 looks to be the loudest one they make that fits your car.

2. The 250X4 - billed as their second loudest kit that fits your car.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you end up leaning towards going with Blastin Bobs and some glasspacks in the middle look into cost of just buying two sets of louvered glass packs. Mine were about ~10" louvered and were only about $40 buck for a set. May save you some money. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Exhaust

Just a quick Question!!! I have a 08 300 SRT Design all stock I want just a Very lil more sound and was thinking of Putting a High Flow Cats magnaflow Slp or something of the sort!!! Now would that make it much louder I dnt want but a lil more than what it has now an dont want to lose no Torque or nothing like that!!! Thanks in Advance Mike!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just a quick Question!!! I have a 08 300 SRT Design all stock I want just a Very lil more sound and was thinking of Putting a High Flow Cats magnaflow Slp or something of the sort!!! Now would that make it much louder I dnt want but a lil more than what it has now an dont want to lose no Torque or nothing like that!!! Thanks in Advance Mike!!!!
Start a thread and ask the question..should get more than enough replies.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm in the same situation and from what I can find from talking to people and reading reviews and watching dyno runs...the Magnaflow Catback is the best choice for what we want to accomplish and not a break the bank price.

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
You can remove the stock muffler and replace it with two Magnaflow mufflers for a nice sound that is not obtrusive in the cabin. It will be louder but no so loud that you can't stand it.

Remember, the longer the muffler the quieter it is. Magnaflow makes mufflers in different lengths so keep that in mind.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Funny you mentioned that. I had totally forgotten that I had Magna Flows put on my Vette when I had it and quickly had them (and the resonator) removed because from inside the car, I could hardly hear it. Only years later I thought, "Hmmm, I should have someone else drive it so I could hear it from the outside..."

·
Registered
51 Posts
Easy enough but I need new tips too. It's the original '06 exhaust and they don't look so hot, plus I figured why not get the little bit of performance improvement since I'm spending the money anyway. An extra 5 or 10hp won't hurt my feelings at all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts