Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Need opinions on this mod

5K views 39 replies 29 participants last post by  MORSAN 
#1 ·
OK...I know a lot of you will KILL me on this but I thought I'd give it a shot? I don't think it came out all that bad? The good news is that its not permanant and I can take off in few minutes. I think I'll keep it on for a few days and re evaluate.

Give me your HONEST opinions???

See less See more
#2 ·
Okay! Here you go, I think the idea is good; I was also thinking of that, just talking to a graphics guy last week. However, I think it would look better in three respects. 1. Don't bring it all the way down, just bring it to where the quarter panel and bumper meet. 2. Have it follow the lines of the taillight rather then straight up and down. 3. Find a more subtle color. okay I lied 4. bring the Hemi up closer to the belt line.

#3 ·
Yeah...I agree with a lot of what you said, however this graffic was not custom and came as ONE 3M application...so a lot of the items you mentioned I can't do...good input however.

#4 ·
Man that steel blue is a cool color....I don't remember seeing an SRT-8 in that color before. How dark is the tint on your windows?

I think your graphic looks good and the changes bac n black talked about would help. It's got a retro Daytona Charger feel to it from back in the late 60s early 70s.

Attachments

#7 ·
yeah I think it looks pretty good...my tint color is 15% and 20%...darkest legal limits in FLA.

#5 ·
No killing from me! The only other similar graphic I have seen on a 300 is from Like2race. I agree that it should not continue below the seam and that the color should be less subtle should you go with something such as this. Going below that halfway point reminds me of a big bow tied around your car.

bruno

#8 ·
im not totally sure. the color scheme works well, the silver goes good with the wheels and offsets the steel blue nice. but then again, its also a very muscle car thing, and our cars appearance leans more toward a luxury hot rod.

i dont agree that it should stop halfway down, i think it will look unfinished, but i DO agree that if you keep it, it should follow the tail light lines. maybe have the stripes follow the tail light line, and keep the letters straight. can you do that?

i honestly cant say i hate it, haha, its original and seems to work.

#9 · (Edited)
Honestly, I appreciate the effort u but am not feelin' that graphic. It doesn't flow with the body lines at all, and screams generic application. (to me at least, but my dad owned a custom body shop for 20+ yrs so I tend to scrutinize).

A more subtle graphic that would still get the point across, and still flow with the body lines, would be a slim horizontal graphic that starts at a pinpoint on the front fenders just behind the wheel flare, and continues to the quarter panel while gradually increasing in size (while still being small enough to be maintained above the line of the door handles). The graphic ends with the graphic matching the top rearward slant of the tail light, and includes an SRT8/Hemi logo. Of course, it should be a color that better complements the car color, and is less obtrusive.

IMHO since you asked for it! :)

#10 ·
I like the direction but not the execution. the best way I can put it is it makes your cars butt look big. Like it was suppose to end at the graphic and then this extra foot of car was added. I think if you don't carry it all the way down and go with a darker color like a gray it would look good.

But the only opinion that counts is yours and if you're feeling it then go for it.

#12 ·
looks like you secretly want a charger. i think you should put the whalebone spoiler on your 300 perhaps you'll achieve the look your going for

#13 ·
I would feel this more on a Charger, definitely. However, I like it, and it suits the SRT-8. Unfortunately these kind of graphics look kind of lonely by themselves, but they're hard to match with anything else. Perhaps a similar strip in the same colour, about 3" wide, that follows the contour of the front edge of the hood, and then runs straight down the sides?

#14 ·
thanks for all the opinions..both pro's and con's.

As far a less suttle I really don't have much more color choices? I thought the silver WAS sutttle compare to red/white etc. I guess I can go with a darker grey.

I think if I didn't continue the line all the way down it would look funny.....when I put the one on the other side I'll take some shots of just the top part and post....it will give a better perspective of how THAT LOOKS.

I was kind of IN BETWEEN as far a putting these graphics where they are now or on the hood. I still may remove these and just put one in the middle of the hood????

#15 ·
For my honest opinion I think it's overstated for a 300C SRT8, so I'm just not feeling it and IMO it would be better suited for a Charger. To me it breaks the lines of the car.

IF I were to do something like this to emphasize the 6.1, I think I'd go with the Challenger SRT8 hood badges. Where to put it would be the biggest problem. It's your car though, so if you're happy I guess that's all that's really important.

Bernie

#16 ·
Man I would never do that to my car ever, but on that color with that graphic it actually looks very good!

I cant tell you if I would keep it or not you have to make the call, but overall I like it a lot.

#17 ·
They are not expensive...so I'll probably keep this on for awhile and order another. I want to try putting one on the hood....I'll probably end up taking it all off

#18 ·
I kinda like it too. the more I look at it the more it grows on me too. I do think it would look cooler too if it matched the tailights lines, but really cool bro!

#20 ·
True there too. I either say go all the way or do subtle, can't be both generally.

#21 ·
I like it because it is unique. It looks very clean the way it was installed.

#22 ·
noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: but hey, its your ride!!!!

charger yes - 300 no

my 2cents

#23 ·
That kind of thing belongs on a Charger, not a 300. Just my opinion.

#24 ·
What were they teaching you in Huntington???? Just a joke... to each his own, but it would look better at home on the back of a Charger... Kudos to being orginal anyway... but this Mountaineer is just not feeling it.

#26 ·
Yeah...I like it. At least for now I'm going to keep on for a bit...thanks everyone for the feedback.

#27 ·
Being that I am a Miami University grad, I detest any and everything done by people associated with Marshall..........besides Randy Moss. I found myself rooting for him last year.

J/k. Mod is cool. It's different and I don't think it turned out half bad so props for that.

#28 ·
Being that I am a Miami University grad, I detest any and everything done by people associated with Marshall..........besides Randy Moss. I found myself rooting for him last year.

J/k. Mod is cool. It's different and I don't think it turned out half bad so props for that.
There's only one Miami...and thats the U!:lick:

JK...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.