Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ok here it is, my thing is I don't want a big sub box in the trunk. I rather fill that hole in the rear deck with a sub like this one(http://www.cartronixplus.com/templa... > 2007 Kicker Comp C108 10" 8 ohm Subwoofer) will this fit. Any advice would be helpful.
Can't offer any advise on it fitting in the hole but that specific speaker needs to be in a box. If you're not going to put it in a box than I would look for a sub that is best suited for an infinite baffle installation.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
The Q factor determines whether a woofer can be used in an infinite baffle installation.
The general rule is to double your amp power to get the desired results.
Make sure the sub is for "infinite baffle" or sometimes called "free-air" applications.
Most manufacturers are moving away from these as the newer subs require less air space for enclosures.
Kicker still offers a pretty good one though.
You might consider more than one as the output isn't near what a sealed or vented enclosure.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Actually Robby is a member here and at the lxforum. you may be able to pm him.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
How can i get in touch with robby from here. So i can get an estimate or know what i have to do. I emailed them and haven't heard back from anyone..

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I think his screen name is RobbyHo here and at the lxforums.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Coincidentally this is my first return to this site in months and I find a post asking about me:biggrin:.

Check out the thread that pual(hemi4m?) posted on the IB ID10's. It is basically what you want to do, except using the stock holes. We've been talking in emails, but for those who are interested my first recommendation was to consider replacing the stock 6"x9"s with 6"x9" subwoofers and putting an 8" sub in the rear deck as well.

I'd post a link here, but I have too low a post count.:pat:

That would give you the equivalent cone area of a single 12" sub. It would be best to have a hi-pass and low-pass filter on the subs, so that you don't bottom out too soon. Free air subs don't have an airspring to control their movement like a boxed sub does, so they get to limits with less power, which is a trade off, but the benefits is a more natural sound and retaining 100% of your trunk space.

Robby

1 - 11 of 11 Posts