Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wont go into the whole story but im getting screwed over by a cop. I got pulled over for tinted windows and i pulled into a very small empty parking lot. My mother was in the car with me so i do have a witness. The officer was talking down to me and treating me like **** but i didnt say one word back to him. I just took the abuse because of my mom being with me. Well i take the ticket and pull away, then come to a stop in roughly 20 feet to turn out the parking lot. Turns out in the mail a few days later the cop gave me a reckless driving ticket. Complete BS right there

So i go to court to work it out myself and judge says cop is going after my license now so we need another court date. I look at the cops ticket and he wrote that i burned out with him next to the car. Now how the hell could i pull that off with traction control on and in a 15-20 foot distance on dry pavement. Is there anything online that says a 300C tires wont spin on dry pavement? I need any help i can get in this situation to beat it.

Thanks

·
Registered
378 Posts
ahh man that sucks the problem is that i can very easilly do a burnout with my stock 300c, honestly thats pretty crazzy that the cop did that to you i mean are you sure you didnt do anything wrong bofore maby another run in with a different cop it seems like theres something missing from your story id like to think that the police arnt picking on peolpe for fun

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ahh man that sucks the problem is that i can very easilly do a burnout with my stock 300c, honestly thats pretty crazzy that the cop did that to you i mean are you sure you didnt do anything wrong bofore maby another run in with a different cop it seems like theres something missing from your story id like to think that the police arnt picking on peolpe for fun
i am not lying about one part. I was stopped at a red light and he was coming the opposite way with a green. He starred me down (and i had my windows down) and pulled a u turn in front of me and stayed on the side of the road until i passed. Then he pulled behind when i had the green and passed him. when pulled over he asked to roll my windows up. so he had no reason to pull me over in the first place

he is picking on me. I deal with this **** all the time in my county because some of the bordering towns have money and kids are driving BMWs and Lexuses. He sees me with a modified 300c and thinks im one of those kids. Im 23 and just graduated college. Ive been working since 13 years old and currently in a Union. I pay for everything and its unfair i get thrown into this stereotyped class of spoiled kids

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
I really don't have any advice for you, but I'm curious to know what percentage of tint you have. I also agree your 300C would have no problem burning rubber on dry pavement.

Bernie

·
Registered
378 Posts
well i geuss you could take pictures of the place where you alegadly did a burnout if you did a burnout there would be a nice patch of rubber there the exact size of the tires and maby seek some professional help if hes going after your licence, reckless charge and you being 23 would make your insurance real expenisive.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I really don't have any advice for you, but I'm curious to know what percentage of tint you have. I also agree your 300C would have no problem burning rubber on dry pavement.

Bernie

20% all around. Jersey law says no tint on driver and passenger side.

It doesnt burn out that easily on dry pavement with traction control on unless you really smash the pedal. Obviously i wouldnt floor it. I just normally gave the car some gas. Maybe a little more then needed cause i was kinda pissed but i doubt i got over 5 MPH being that i had to stop in 20 feet.

I took pictures the day after i got the reckless ticket. There is no rubber but how are they gonna believe the day i snapped the pic. I would need something in the picture to prove the date

·
Registered
378 Posts
well you really should talk to a professional in your area i dont think this is something you should be fighting on your own. Also its important to know what exactly the meaning of "burned out" means in court. i mean its not unreasonable to have a little tire spin if you press the gas a little harder from a standstill and maby there doesnt need to be a patch of rubber to prove it only a proffesional in your area that knows the laws would be able to help you. Good luck with your problem i hope everything turns out okay.

·
Registered
326 Posts
That really sucks man. Its cops like him that give law enforcement a negative reputation. The good thing is you have a witness, I would also go to the site and take pictures of the street to prove there are no tire marks consistant with your specific vehicle. I've never been in this situation but these are some things I would do.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I agree with the car not being able to burn out easily with trac on. I remember reading some where (or watching) that the only easy way to get the car to do that is by stomping the gas and turning the wheel to one side (kinda lettuing the computer know that you want to play)

As for the cop harrasing you i wouldnt doubt it, theres been a number of cases where cops have tried to provoke something but then been diciplined themselves. heres a popular video with transcript. (I actually started a thread on in car cameras but no one had any interest:lick:)
Missouri: Police Threaten, Detain Motorist for Parking After Hours

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
Dude, you should hire a lawyer and have them work to get your reckless driving charge reduced to careless driving or vehicle exhibition if you state allows those charges.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Had A Problem With A Cop In Nyc.i Was Driving Behind The Cop Car And He Was Driving No More Than 30mph So I Stayed Way Behind Him It Was About 5:15 Am No One Else On The Road He Starts To Slow Down To 25mph So I Put My Blinker On And Went Around Him I Was Doing Maybe 30mph.i See Him Move Over To My Lane And Thats When His Lights Came On.i Said Alright He Is Going To Stop Me For My Tint Haha!he Comes Up To My Window And Ask If I Knew The Speed Limit On This Street I Told Him 30mph He Tells Me No Its 35mph So I Wasnt Speeding.he Comes Back From His Car With Five Tickets One For Speeding He Said I Was Doing 55mph (straight Out Lie),tailgateing Him,tinted Windows,no Insurence Card,no Seat Belt It Was Me And Him On The Street Thats All, Why Would A Tailgate A Highway Cop I Was Not Even Close.went To Court To Fight The Tickets And The Judge Didnt Care One Bit What I Had To Say.so The Outcome Was $6oo.00 In Fines Plus $150 Fine For The Next 3yrs Plus 8 Points. So There Are Cops Out There That Do This To Innocent People.GOOD LUCK I WOULD GO WITH A LAWYER THAT WAS MY MISTAKE

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had A Problem With A Cop In Nyc.i Was Driving Behind The Cop Car And He Was Driving No More Than 30mph So I Stayed Way Behind Him It Was About 5:15 Am No One Else On The Road He Starts To Slow Down To 25mph So I Put My Blinker On And Went Around Him I Was Doing Maybe 30mph.i See Him Move Over To My Lane And Thats When His Lights Came On.i Said Alright He Is Going To Stop Me For My Tint Haha!he Comes Up To My Window And Ask If I Knew The Speed Limit On This Street I Told Him 30mph He Tells Me No Its 35mph So I Wasnt Speeding.he Comes Back From His Car With Five Tickets One For Speeding He Said I Was Doing 55mph (straight Out Lie),tailgateing Him,tinted Windows,no Insurence Card,no Seat Belt It Was Me And Him On The Street Thats All, Why Would A Tailgate A Highway Cop I Was Not Even Close.went To Court To Fight The Tickets And The Judge Didnt Care One Bit What I Had To Say.so The Outcome Was $6oo.00 In Fines Plus $150 Fine For The Next 3yrs Plus 8 Points. So There Are Cops Out There That Do This To Innocent People.GOOD LUCK I WOULD GO WITH A LAWYER THAT WAS MY MISTAKE

Yea i realize i need to hire a lawyer. The judge didnt give me a chance in hell to even say one word. I thought it was bad enough the cop was sendind me a reckless driving in the mail. Then i go to court and hear hes after my license now? What else is he going to put on me? Maybe i robbed a store that day and murdered the clerk. I have no idea whats next.

This is EXACTLY why cops have a bad name. Crooked ass cops like this.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
which is why im installing an in car camera in a few months :D

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Was It Nyc Cop. I See Your Name Nyrfan55.if You Do Now It Makes Sense.i Live In Staten Island And They Have Nothing Else Better To Do But To Stop Me Almost Every Month For My Tint.got So Bad Had To Change The Tint.i Dont Trust One City Cop They All Got Bad AttUIDES.JUST GOT STOPPED THE OTHER DAY BUT I GOT OUT OF THE TICKET BECAUSE I TOLD HIM I WORKED FOR THE CITY,BUT IT DOESNT WORK WITH EVERY COP

·
Registered
293 Posts
get a citation lawyer that deals with traffic infractions! They are cheap compared to the fines and insurance you will get! Lawyer will most likely get you just a fine with no points but WELL worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Jersey law
that answers it all....dam gestapo up there...i hated driving threw... you better mind your p's and q's or its gonna cost ya...good luck bro!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that answers it all....dam gestapo up there...i hated driving threw... you better mind your p's and q's or its gonna cost ya...good luck bro!
you got it right. I love Jersey to death but not the BS they put me threw. They havent been as bad to me though since i had my Mustang. I had a lowered Gt with exhaust and the works. I got pulled over at least once a week for one thing or another. They have nothing better to do around here. I wish these cops would get stationed in Camden or Brooklyn. They just look for action and make **** up. Put them in a real place and they would probably be looking down the wrong end of a barrel.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
Dude, you should hire a lawyer and have them work to get your reckless driving charge reduced to careless driving or vehicle exhibition if you state allows those charges.
I agree you probably should get a lawyer at this point; It seems you encountered a cop who's jealous of you for having a nice car. The ticket should list the violation as "Driving a nicer car than me at only 23 years of age".

I had a similar thing happen to me a LONG time ago when I was in my 20's; I was given a ticket for reckless driving (which I was not doing... but at least I knew the charge) but when I went to court the cop had added "Felony ELUDING to the charges after she had given me the ticket. The "eluding" apparently stemmed from the fact that she turned her lights and siren on as I was in the left turn lane at an intersection; at that moment the light turned green. Rather than park there and completely STOP rush hour traffic, I made my left turn (I was the first car at the light) and immediately pulled into a Chevron station with the cop following me about 1" off my bumper.

I ended up getting the whole thing reduced to "unsafe lane change" and a $250 fine, plus of course the lawyer's fee of $1,250 (this was in 1989 or '90 so I'm sure it would cost more now).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts