Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me what type of grille I have (see my avatar pic) it's not plastic hense the dent at bottom. I like this style but I can't find a exact match, I don't want a plastic one but if that's all that us available now I guess I'd have to go that route. Also needing a second, third, forth opinion on something. My 06 300C has 137,000 miles on it and I don't believe the trans filter has ever been changed. Shifts and drives fine however it's 137,000 miles and fluid isn't pink but it's not brown. Reason I'm asking is I've had similar issue with a different manufacturer (Ford) which I done the filter change leading to trans failure immediately after. I'm disabled and live on very limited budget and this is my only means of transportation so if it goes down I'm screwed. All comments are welcomed and appreciated. Any thoughts?

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,565 Posts
You will need to give us a bit bigger picture of that grill in order to correctly identify it.

With respects to the transmission service I'd strongly recommend you follow the manufacturer's recommendations.

Some would say if it ain't broke, don't fix it but that's a fallacy. Any mechanical component that isn't serviced properly will break down because the lubrication is beyond it's service life. It would be a mistake to equate a Found On Road Dead transmission filter change as being a potential cause for failure of your Chrysler transmission.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly I was going to do it anyhow I was just seeing if anyone had experienced any problems by doing so and I'll see if I can get you a better picture of the grill. Thanks for the response

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to give you a follow up. Changed trans filter and fluid, did not flush, just filter change and all is as was just cleaner fluid. Also I finally found out what was causing my electrical/dash warming light gremlin. It was the ignition switch loosing temporary connection to everything but the engine. Cause was do to a warn out part that basically powered everything (except engine functions)when ignition switch is on. Seems to be a common problem with not only the 300's but all of the Mopar family during the years with Daimler. Imagine that a German auto company with electrical issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts